Saturday, August 17, 2013

Lockout (alpha group #2) by Maya Cross, Review by Dee

Lockout by Maya Cross
(Alpha Group book 2)


Blurb:

Sophia had never felt attraction like that before. Raw. Electric. Irresistible. Swept off her feet by the dashing, enigmatic billionaire Sebastian Lock, she was taken on a journey of self-discovery, taken to places she never dreamed she’d go.

But things are never as simple as they appear. Sophia’s trust is a fragile thing, and Sebastian seems insistent on testing it. He has his own demons to battle, and nobody has brought them to the fore like she has.

As their relationship deepens, and Sophia begins to break down his walls, all that greets her are more questions. Why is Sebastian fighting so hard to keep her at a distance? Who is the girl on the background of his phone? And why does the strange tattoo on his chest seem so familiar?

These puzzles plague her, but as Sebastian’s mysteries begin to unravel, she must face an entirely different truth. Staying in the dark may be painful, but finding the answers could be deadly
Dee’s Review
I am not too sure where to start with this review quite yet. It was such a roller coaster. The kicker was, you se
e alpha in the title and think this is only gonna be about a Dom/sub relationship, right? But it's not.  Nope, no.. Nuh uh.. Way to surprise me Maya. Maya-1, Dee-0. 

It's sooo much more. And what I especially loved is it doesn't go the normal love story route of let's get married and have babies. Nope it goes the route of I miss you, I'm giving you permission to touch yourself,  just wait til I get home, goodbye, breaking and entering. Yeah, you didn't expect that last part either, did you!! SEE WHAT I MEAN!! Then of course we have the office politics and the crap with her job, and the bitch Jennifer.


 There was so much of this where I was scowling reading this book. Sebastian, just OPEN UP, let her in. Tell her about your past! Gah! And finally... Finally we start to see who he really is. I mean, can anyone say Mi Casa!?!? The gift box he sends her while he is out of town.. this man keeps her on her toes! How flipping hot!!!

 Just when you start to think they were going to hit smooth water. I was so sure of it, just like Sophia, I spoke too soon. Drama. Drama. Drama. And like I said before, it's not the normal drama we see with romance novels. It's work. It's relationship. It's everything. It is totally left field you don't see this happening kind of crap. Which. I. Love. I do have to admit I did want to slap Sebastian at one point in the book. I mean way to kick a girl while she is down. Heart. Break.



 God this book was soo good. I can't wait to see where Sebastian and Sophia go, together or alone.  I gave this book 4 hearts.
Lockout can be purchased at the links below: 

Amazon

B&N

Amazon UK

Locked (book 1) can be purchased at the links below



No comments:

Post a Comment