Monday, August 26, 2013

Girl on Tour by Caisey Quinn review

Girl on Tour
by Caisey Quinn



Blurb:
An up and comer trying to make a name for herself...

KYLIE never expected to be stuck on a tour bus with a pampered princess and her boyfriend’s ex.

A troubled artist struggling to hold onto his career...

TRACE thought he was finally getting to do things his way. Until the label added co-headliner Gretchen Gibson, the only person in country music with more issues than him, to his No Apologies tour.

Surrounded by tabloid rumors and people they can't trust, Kylie and Trace need each other more than ever. But the choices they make will change everything.

Because chasing your dreams and following your heart don’t always lead you to the same place…



Dee's Review

I started this book all swoony over Trace. I mean, after reading Girl with Guitar, who didn't love Trace.

 Somewhere along the way, I lost that. I don't mean with the book, I mean with the character. I think somewhere along the way, he lost his way. Okay maybe not lost his way, but found it in a sense but lost what mattered to him. Let me rewind. Okay so Trace and Kylie are trying to make the long distance thing work, right? They're doing a damn good job....ish. Well, as good as can be expected, but still a damn good one. Talking, skyping, ummm.. phone..calls.. See..Good Job guys! And looking back, I'm like where the hell did everything go so wrong? Was it her tour or his? His secrets? Her balls? Cause lets be honest, she has balls the size of Texas.

 She sure doesn't hold anything back does she? She speaks her mind whenever and where ever and to whomever she wants. Regardless of consequences. I kind of, okay totally, envy that about her. What does she say.... Feel first, then think. Right on! Anyway. So they're making things work. It's all rainbows and butterflies. Then they allow one little crack to form in the foundation of the relationship and slowly it starts to crumble. Or he does. Maybe it's her, but I think it was both of them.



 But I feel like he let it become the size of the Grand Canyon and that is what killed me.  And god, throw in the paparazzi. They sure can twist anything, can't they? But then again- a picture is worth a thousand words. And some words can't be taken back. They both end up learning this. They both end up not being able to shake the images that they have seen. 

There were so many times when reading this  I wasn't sure If I wanted a cat fight to break out or for them to all make up and sing Kumbaya. Really most of the time I was like just work your shit out. God this is so much like high school! 

Anyway. So I'm rolling my eyes and getting all pissy, like I said.. just like high school, at the girls. Get it together, you're adults. I think...But then Trace is there at this huge pivotal moment, and I'm all fan girl swoony again. Until he starts to fall. And fall hard. And welcome back asshole. I hate men like that. Hate hate it. And all my gooey feelings for Trace are gone down the shitter. 

Gretchen probably flushed em with her liquor cabinet she drinks every night. GAH... Gretchen.. Gretchen should not be a priority asshole! Gaaaah!! Anyway. Trace has left both Kylie and me heartbroken, crying, pathetic, heaps of used to be women on our beds. We're going to Trace Addicts Annoymous.

 Really I need Caisey Addicts Annoymous. Cause she's freakin awesome. This book was awesome. It was one of those I'm going to suck you in and spit you out when you least expect it and leave you yearning for more type of books. It's one of those I'm going to remember reading this in three years type love stories..okay maybe I am going to remember ready this WHOLE SERIES in three years type of love stories. Don't worry friends, we still have one more book to go to see how this all turns out.  I give this book 4.5 hearts.
Girl on Tour is released on Aug 27. 


An ARC was provided for an honest review 

No comments:

Post a Comment