Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fatalism by LK Collins, review by Dee

Fatalism 


Synopsis:

Alexa Schaefer has been through more pain and hurt in her life than your average twenty-eight year old. She protects her heart by controlling everything around her and living her life according to a strict set of rules. For years, she has lived behind a wall, not allowing anyone into her heart. That is, until she meets Vincent, a man she can't get out of her head no matter what she tells herself.

On the outside, Vincent Mileski appears to be a confident, no nonsense attorney. A prodigy in the field of law, he has just won the biggest case of his career. Needing out of the spotlight, Vincent moves back to his home state of Colorado to get some time alone to heal from a previous betrayal. He hasn’t had a woman turn his head in years, that is, until he meets Alexa. After only knowing her name and the sweet taste of her kiss, she is torn from his arms.

Will fate bring these two back together, or will they spend an eternity searching?



Dee's Review
Vincent and Alexa's story seemed a little short to me. I'm sure you're wondering why considering page wise it's not. But I don't know, their story seemed short. It seemed more based on sex and full of sex than anything. Well, fast cars too. But really there was a lot of sex. I guess I just wanted more from them. A deeper story. Does that make sense? You like the character and plot so much that you want more? I don't know, that's how I felt.

  I can say that I did find myself wanting to punch Angela, and kind of wanting to smack Lexi for just believing her. And don't even get me started on her mother. Okay, well now I'm started. What a grade A bitch. And why didn't her sister stand up for her to their mom? Why didn't Lexi say anything to her mom? Flick her off, something! 




I almost wanted her to! I did totally  love that Vince is so adamant about their relationship. That he wants everyone to know. I really like that. But then I feel like something was holding Lexi back and I don't know what it was. They elude to a crappy past, but I don't feel like we really found out what it was- minus her mom. But I will say, I was damn proud of Vince for moving on from his past and not letting it affect him. I liked this book. I was sucked in and loved the way it ended, but I just wanted more. I gave it 3 hearts.
You can buy this at:


No comments:

Post a Comment