Friday, December 6, 2013

Nocturnes by Kendall Grey, review by Dee



NOCTURNES contains 511 F-bombs, 81 well-endowed male chickens, 65 girl kitties, 58 Richard the Lessers, 10 C-U-Next-Tuesdays, and a plethora of other colorful words and phrases that would deafen your virginal mother’s ears and make her bust out her “Shame on you!” finger. If you’ve been tuned in since the beginning of the Hard Rock Harlots series, you know the drill. The sex is extreme, the language is graphic, and the story is over the top. Prudes and under 18s need not apply.

WARNING: NOCTURNES addresses serious topics such as alcoholism, prostitution, and cheating. If you’re looking for a barrel of laughs or sunshine and rainbows, this is NOT the book for you.

Rax Wrathbone is the dirty rock star you love to hate. The filthy fantasy slithering through your bed sheets. The serpent in your lady garden. The snake bite in your panties that keeps you sweating all night. He. Is. Sex.

And he’s no good. For anyone.

After a nasty breakup with his best friend and their band’s drummer, Rax is flying solo for the first time in years. Who needs the drama of commitment when the line for your humping booth spans three city blocks? No, groupies and liquor are far finer company than relationships, and they don’t leave bruises after they’ve had their way with you. At least not lasting ones.

Rax’s new adventures as an alcoholic, guitar-slashing one-man show are going along swimmingly until the only woman who’s ever brought him to his knees shimmies down a pole back into his life. Eve doesn’t abide excessive drinking, she has sex with strangers for a living, and she can’t remember Rax’s name to save her life.

She’s perfect in every way.

Now, if he could just get sober long enough to forget his past and convince Eve he’s worthy of her future…

When I heard nocturnes was coming out.. I was jumping in my chair, clapping like an idiot excited. Well, slap my ass and call me spanky.. It was worth the frickin wait.




Hi my name is Desirae and I am a Harlot Addict. I must confess, I just got thoroughly Raxed. Yup. Definitely left in a hangover from that. I started this book not really liking Rax. I mean, let's be honest, he's a bit of an asshole. But during the book, throughout his journey, don't ask me why, but I felt like no one needed redemption more than him. No one needed saving more than him, let alone deserved it.

 Like Eve says, I guess that's just my mommy complex coming out. I love how Kendall can take a twisted love story and include so much drama and angst, you feel like you go through withdraws when it's over. You become a junkie. 

I loved the story of Eve and Rex. I know, I know, Rax. I think that he should totally go by the name T-Rex. I loved that. One of the many parts of the book that gave me a good giggle. But then again, maybe that's my inner slut who wants Rax make me not forget his name like he did Eve. Yup, I know, I'm a total book whore.

 I know Rax spent the majority of the book drunk, but then again, quoting Toombs "it ain't rock n roll until someone is in rehab." So okay then. Let's do this damn thing and see what the real Rax is like. He's so sure he can't do it and that he can only have fun with alcohol. 



Gasp!! I liked him even when he was drunk, asshat and all. But I like him even more when he's sober. You know what else I felt reading this book? Well besides turned on 90% of the time... Like I should get up and take some pole dancing lessons.

 I've bought them, honestly, just never took them. Because I feel like sliding around that pole like Eve, my hands would get sweaty and I would fly off. Take out a person or two and break a bone, or five. There a big difference between what Eve looks like...


And what I would look like...




 But damn if Eve doesn't make it sound sexy. Maybe one day we can get Rax on the pole? Well.. A girl can dream, right? Eve's all sexy stripper goodness, until you read what happened  in Heaven/Hell. And even then she was still all stripper goodness, well to Rax, and really that is all that matters. Speaking of Heaven/Hell.. I know what you did when you read that first scene. After picking up your jaw from the floor, you're running to google to see if it's possible and afraid to sit down for a few days. Not only the first time there, but the last. Holy crap on a cracker Rico! And Charlie! I mean, my mind is all over the place here!! I'm like give me more, give me more!


 I'm telling you this book will peak your curiosity and turn you on at the same time, all while wondering if someone really can give those lessons Letty talks about.

 I really loved the story of Eve and Rax. I love that you get to see a little more of everyone else too. But I do have to say this... Rax may be awesome now that Eve tamed his snake, but when Shades calls Letty pusscat, it sends tingles to my toes. Every. Damn. Time.  The banter and comradery within the band, the family they have formed, is awesome. I love how they give each other shit, but when Rax needed them the most, needed support- he had it in spades. I can't say enough good things about how Kendall ended the Harlot series. But I can say one thing that really pisses me off. . . It's over and that is just unacceptable. Sad face.. I give this book 5. 10. 15. Hearts. It's worth so many more than just 5.





Here are my reviews of








and 

Beats (book two)











Now here's a few more pole dancing gifs.. well, because they're funny to watch...



No comments:

Post a Comment