Monday, December 9, 2013

Broken Beauty By Chloe Adams Review by Sandie

**Contains graphic content and the sensitive topic of rape and its aftermath. Not intended for teens under the age of 18.**

Sometimes bad things happen to beautiful people.

When socialite party girl Mia Abbott-Renou wakes up in a garden she has little recall of the previous night -- except that she is naked...hurt...terrified. Not only has she been raped, but she knows one of her assailants: the son of a wealthy politician who happens to be her own father’s political ally.

Mia wants and needs justice. Except this privileged boy has an alibi and her father forbids her from going to the police. It’s a critical election year, one that his party might lose if his image as a doting father is soured due to Mia being labeled a lush or worse, promiscuous.

Devastated at not having the support of her family, Mia finds herself in a tug-of-war with her conscience over what to do, especially since she can’t remember exactly what happened that night. Worse, the men who attacked her have hurt several other girls, and Mia may be the key to stopping them.


Mia tries to forget, until the unthinkable happens, and she’s left reeling once again, faced with a new challenge that will force her to take more control of her life.


Whoa!
This book is intense and I loved it! It just gripped me and I could not put it down. Mia oh poor Mia, just one of those kids that is neglected. I don't care I swear some rich people neglect their children and this is one more example of that. I hate HATE her family. 

Mia decided to go to a party instead of a fund raiser and it turns out to be the worse mistake of her life. Normally her BFF goes with her but this night she went alone. 

She wakes up naked and terrified, she had been raped. The two police officers that find her stay with her. The hospital tries to reach her parents but her dad has no time and her mother is in rehab. 

I was beyond pissed! 
Her dad sends his team and does "damage control" uses the fact that his daughter was raped to get more votes! I wanted to tell Mia's dad...
The only person she can depend on is her BFF Ari.

This book brought out so many emotions within me. 

Sadness that, this girl was going through this and nobody seems to help. Mad because the rapist is out there and Mia will not tell who he is because it will be a huge scandal and her fathers career would be in jeopardy. It sickens me to think that, his career and social status is more important than she is. Pissed that her father is so arrogant and in the end it all comes full circle. Though this is not the end of her story, I cried thinking that this poor girl has been through so much and now it seems like she has more hurdles to overcome.  

I enjoyed this book and the fact that the author was able to bring forth all these emotions from me just lets me know that I was totally invested in Mia and her outcome. I can not wait for the rest of the series.

I rated this with 
4.5/5 hearts














No comments:

Post a Comment