Sunday, April 6, 2014

Scars and Songs by Christine Zolendz, Review by Dee

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Shane Maxton is front man for New York City’s popular rock band, Mad World. But he has secrets; he’s not what everybody thinks he is. He comes from an ancient world, from a different time, when angels walked among men. Read the story, through Shane’s eyes, of his forbidden love, his fall from grace and his inner turmoil from living with the irrational emotions of being human.

Disclaimer #1: This is the story of Mad World Books 1 & 2, Fall From Grace and Saving Grace, written through the point of view of Shane Maxton. IT IS THE SAME Love STORY of Grace and Shane. It’s just Shane’s turn to tell it to you, it’s everything you’ve read before and a whole lot more.
Disclaimer #2: This story contains rock and roll, angels doing naughty things, violence, cursing, drinking alcohol, substance abuse, sexual situations, and irritating scenes that will make you want to hurl your eReader or book out the window. It’s not suitable for anyone under the age of 18



Shane Shane Shane. I absolutely adored the Mad World books, so to get one from Shane's POV is awesome for me. I mean like jump for joy super excited reaction! I thought I loved Shane before, I think I fell even more with our poet quoting rock God after reading this. Especially when you find out everything he gave up for her and you see from his POV how much and how hardly he really did love her. This book made me hate Gabriel even more than I did before. Oh oh oh!!..and the epilogue, Omg! I know, I'm all over the place, but I just  can't help it. I think that the Mad Love series is one of my all time favorite rocker bad boy turned good boy stories. Okay, let me see if I can tell you more.. but I'm so excited about all things Shane! Okay, so I love our smart mouth Sassy Selah/Grace. I love her word wars with the sluts, and I love Shane's response to them. I honestly didn't think she was ever going to believe him about how he felt. Every time he told her, it was like she just couldn't comprehend it. OH GOD! Then... when he was accused of what happened to her, NO ONE BELIEVED HIM. I don't know how he moved on past that! I couldn't believe no one believed him! These were his best friends.. and no one believed him. My heart broke. I'm like HELLO THIS IS SHANE! Ugh! That damn Gabriel! But Lea, don't you just want to hug the chick?? She makes me want to do give her a round of applause with how she handled them! So much drama! I love that this was the WHOLE series from his POV, not just one book. Swoon... his love for her is so epic! One of the best all time love stories ever. And the epilogue, let me tell you, I smiled, giggled and then I got nervous. I thought Gabriel was done. God I hope Shane sings to Christine again. who doesn't want more Shane!?!?

I give this 4 out of 5 hearts


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment