Monday, April 28, 2014

Veiled Innocence by Ella Frank

Veiled Innocence
By: Ella Frank
Release Date: April 7, 2014


Synopsis: 

Tick, tick, tock.

Time.

That’s all I have now.

A small room, a photograph, and time.

They want me to trust them and confess my sins.

They told me they wouldn't judge me—they lied.

I thought we could convince the world that this wasn't a crime.

We were wrong.

Time doesn't stand still.

The clock keeps ticking, the world is 

unconvinced, and now…

Now he is gone.

Excerpt:

I couldn’t believe she’d followed me home.

I was sitting in my truck with my hands 

wrapped around the steering wheel. I could see her in the rearview mirror, and my heart pounded in my chest as I thought about my next move.
I’d purposely waited to leave until she had gone home. It had been quite the wait, but I couldn’t afford to put myself within close quarters of this girl.
She was undisciplined and clearly had never heard the word no in her life. She wanted things she couldn’t have, and I needed to make that much clearer than in our previous conversations.
I could see the hood of her car peeking out from behind one of the neighbor’s hedges and wished I could forget she was there, but this time she had crossed too many lines. She needed to know that this behavior could not continue.
Pushing open my truck door, I climbed out and locked it before walking down the drive. I strode purposefully along the sidewalk and tried to think of exactly what I was going to say to this student of mine.

Please stop following me? Please stop hitting on me?

They both sounded ridiculous, and I realized that at this point the word please needed to be thrown right out the fucking window.
Polite wasn’t going to work with Addison Lancaster. It was time to get serious, maybe even mean, because this girl had the ability to destroy me.


Dee's Review:

OMG. I can't say I just read this book, I 

fucking devoured it. I am on such a high 

from this book right now. The weird part, I 
have tears running down my face from 

probably the most epically 

perfect ending of a love story. It may be 

unconventional but it's still unbelievably 

amazing. Ella does an amazing job 

sucking you in from page one and not 

letting you out of the book til you read 

those two final words, the end. I adore the 

way this book was written. The 

past/present format was written 

effortlessly and flows seamlessly. I know 

the student teacher romance is forbidden 

and supposed to be bad. But how can 

something this good, be bad? It's steamy 

and hot when needed and beautiful and 

soft when necessary. A perfect balance or 

perfectly imperfect relationship. Addison 

doesn't have anything easy. And only one 

person she can trust. So when Grayson 

becomes the object of her obsession, she 

should go all single white female because

 you think she's crazy, right? Except once 

the story unfolds, everything you think 

will happen does but not like you expect. 

Ella proves to you, they were each other's 

knights. Fought each other's demons and 

it's nothing short of beautiful. This book is 

absolutely amazing. I wish I could say I 

give it 5 stars, but it's not enough. It truly 

deserves more.


No comments:

Post a Comment