***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.***
Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am.
Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street.
Best decision I ever made.
Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job.
My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved.
But the saying is true.
The world makes way for those who know where they are going.
I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace.
But then there’s him.
I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me.
He makes me feel.
But it’s real.
I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker.
So am I.
This isn’t a story.
This is my life.
You know what I like when I read a book?
- Angst- when you get anxious and don't know if you want to put the e-reader/book down or keep reading but your afraid to keep reading because you're afraid of what will happen next.
- drama- unexpected series of events that make the characters come to life. You know like Betty is pissed cuz Veronica fucked Archy type shit.
- grit & rawness- harshness like violet sex. Just violent but true to life like I could see it happening.
- great sex - If you need a definition I don't know what to say!
- a cast of characters that make you both love and hate them- You want to hug them in one scene or rip off their clothes (in some cases) and in others you want to beat the shit out of them and tell them to wake the fuck up.
- oh yeah a story line that I can follow- You know it can't be all jumpy where I am like WTF how did they get here if they were over there? It just doesn't make sense.
Lexi is just a normal everyday person. Until one day and one meeting turns her whole life inside out. I don't really want to say to much and give to much away but WOW!
Twitch OMG TWITCH. At first I was not sure about this guy. He is dark, twisted and pretty scary. The more I read the more I understood him. I was intrigued by him. I think the fact that Lexi was a bit masochistic really helped me see Twitch in his full capacity. It was scary but enthralling.
I like dark gritty reads and as the author says in the synopsis this is not a love story. I understood about 4 pages in. I love discovering books that are not typical and leave you with a book hangover. I read this book 23 days ago and it took me until now to write the review because I couldn't formulate words to convey the way I feel about this book. I loved the way the book is set up, I love that Twitch is the very essence of bad, I love that the author made this book twisted. Most of all I loved the ending. I know most people are not happy with it but I love it (after you read it let me know what you think).
I urge you all to read this book. Wait if you are faint of heart or a prude then no, don't read it. But if you are daring and open-minded I say go for it. I know some of the books I read are not for everyone but that is the great thing about books, no two people read the same story.
I rated this book
Belle Aurora is twenty six years old and was born in the land down under.At an early age she fell in love with reading. Boredom one summer had her scouring the bookshelves at home. She stumbled across Sandra Brown’s Breath of Scandal and fell in love with romance. Having been brought up in a loud and boisterous family of Croatian descent, she developed a natural love for dramatics and humor. Only some years ago had she discovered a new love. Humorous romance novels.Kristen Ashley and R.L. Mathewson had opened a brand new world where she could lose herself yet feel safe and at home in their stories. Belle has been known to become a screeching banshee while anxiously awaiting their newest titles. Belle never thought she would write. It had never interested her until recently. Friend-Zoned began to form and in February this year Belle typed the words Chapter One. And she fell in love. With words. With writing. With a creative imagination she never knew she harbored.