Thursday, July 17, 2014

Totaled by Stacey Grice Promo blitz

Title: Totaled (Totaled #1)
Author: Stacey Grice
Add to  Goodreads
Buy from: Amazon | B&N | IBooks | Kobo | CreateSpace


Bree Murphy is stuck. Forced to grow up too fast after the tragic death of her mother, she has little time for any sort of life for herself. Now in her early twenties, she is coming to the realization that she deserves to put herself first.

Drew Dougherty is also stuck, in a state of merely existing. Memories and secrets of the day he lost both of his parents haunt him, forcing him to cope the only way he knows how...by fighting.


When these two worlds collide, hidden truths are revealed and relationships are put to the ultimate test. At a crossroad in their lives, they must decide if taking a risk is worth everything.


Or will their love be…


Totaled.


Totaled is a full length, new adult contemporary romance novel. Due to mature content, profane language, and sexual situations, this book is recommended for ages 18 and up.








Not knowing what to expect and going in blind are two things that I love about new books. I absolutely love getting on a tour for a debut author and I know nothing, wanna know why? Because I have a clean slate. 

This book though! Wow, it has been a bit since I have been able to find a book that pulls me in and takes my emotions and just fucks me up. You know what the best kind of protagonist is? The kind that is strong, smart and takes no BS. That is Bree. She is taking care of her widowed father, her brother has special needs. She also helps her dad out with his gym.

You know what else you need to make a successful book (well in my eyes anyways) A great guy that is swoon-worthy. I got that with Drew. He just is exceptional. When an author can get me to fall hard for one of the characters, that is a pretty big feat considering I read so many books. Stacey was able to do this with Drew. I really enjoyed this book from beginning to end and yes people yes there is a cliffhanger and I am okay with it. When an author can evoke so much emotion from me the way this author has then I have no problem waiting on a second book. If it takes her 6 months to perfect the next book I will be patiently impatiently waiting. I can not wait to see where the next book leads. This book has all the criteria I look for. Angst, drama, love, lust, sexual tension, sexy times....whew!

Overall for the authors debut novel I give her kudos. This is a great start and I can not wait to read more from her in the future.




I am a mother, wife, Registered Nurse, avid reader, and most recently pursuing taking my own writing to the next level. I appreciate honesty but not cruelty, a wicked sense of humor, and a good cup of coffee, blond with enough creamer to coat my tongue yellow. 

Being an astute people watcher and having an extremely judgmental mind gives me constant inspiration for my stories. But my characters, like many authors, are conceived from actual people in my life. A hodgepodge of personality traits, real world instances, and conversations that I have directly taken part in are the foundation for my fictional world.




No comments:

Post a Comment