Monday, July 21, 2014

Ashley's Bend by Cassie Roop, review by Dee




Ashley’s Bend-a knot used to securely join the ends of two ropes together.

Ashley Carter thought she had the perfect life as the loving and supportive wife to her upcoming attorney husband. Marrying her high school sweetheart and moving to Chicago to start a life with him seemed perfect, until she ends up walking in on him with another woman.

Determined to start her life over after always sacrificing herself, she attends the grand opening of a new club in town with her best friend. She went expecting to have a good time, what she didn’t expect was to meet Dominic Michaels.

Dominic Michaels is the owner operator of a string of BDSM clubs, The Celtic Knot. He displays control and power over everything in his life, especially his women. Having suffered through a tragic event at a young age, he never allows a woman to remain a part of his life beyond the bedroom, that is until he meets Ashley Carter.

Can the love of a woman loosen the knots of control that Dominic securely holds on to?

Sometimes it is hard to make the shift from control to surrender.





So I met Cassie in Cincinnati, and after meeting her and seeing how awesome she was, I wanted to read her books. I mean..that's why we go to author events, right? So I picked up Ashley's Bend knowing Figure Eight comes out soon. 

I can tell you this...I should have read this earlier. But then.. then.. I would have been waiting for Figure Eight. Let's be honest.. I am NOT a patient person. So.. I read them back to back.. sooo good....

 Okay..so let me get down to my review. When the book started, I started out feeling bad for Ashley, for what she walked into..literally. Then immediately I followed her emotions through the book- nervous, anxious, excited. I mean who wouldn't get excited when reading about DOMinic. <--- see what I did there??? .. 

So Ashley meets Dom and Knox and thus begins our tornado of emotions. Honestly, that's what it is. From the moment they meet, it's a whirlwind. Their, and your, emotions will be all over the place with these two. Then you add in Jared and Asher...and HOLY CRAP.. can we say shit storm? For reals... Shit. Storm. There is SO much drama going on. However, it's not one of those books where you feel overwhelmed with drama and you loose sight of the characters. Actually, it's the opposite. Because of everything that is going on, you get a deeper look at the characters, they become more of the forefront of the story...just like it should be. Cassie does a great job of getting you sucked into the story right from the beginning and writing a story you can't help but empathize with, all the while wanting to track down a club in your area...or a Dominic in your area..maybe even a Knox. Either way, I wasn't disappointed with this story.. not even with the cliffhanger ending, and we know how I hate those!


I give this book 4 hearts





No comments:

Post a Comment