Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Slade and This Regret by Victoria Ashley Spotlight

Slade:


My name is Slade Merrick and I’m a f*cking sex addict . . .

I’ve been told it’s a problem. But I see it as a passion; something that I’m good at. And who the f*ck stops something that they’re good at?

They want me to seek help; get my c*ck in check. Don't judge my lifestyle. You’re no better than me. Just admit it, you like to f*ck too. Sex is what I do best; my own personal high, so I embrace it instead of being ashamed.

When I'm not f*cking, I'm slinging drinks at Walk Of Shame or stripping my way into your bed; another thing I'm good at. Every woman’s darkest fantasy brought to life.

So, am I stopping? F*ck no. Sex is beautiful, raw and erotic and I get off knowing I can have it with anyone I want . . . with the exception of her.

Aspen.

She walks into the club swaying those hips, instantly drawing my c*ck to attention. She’s pure perfection. That is, until she opens that mouth, drawing me in and for the first time in forever I want something more than sex. I want her and she hates it.

Things get dirty. Dirty is what I like; it’s how I live. But . . . she’s playing a game she can never win.


***Author's note*** Due to strong language and a very high amount of dirty, sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18. This is #1 in the Walk Of Shame series of novellas that will all be STANDALONE reads. If you're not into, cocky bad boys with filthy mouths and even filthier sex, then this series is not for you. If you are . . . then, come meet the dirty boys of Walk Of Shame


Wow. I know normally novellas are a continuation of a story- a prequel or an extended epilogue of sorts. Not this one. This one tells a story. I mean, It. Tells. A. Story. I hot as hells bells story. I mean like I feel like I should stick my head in the freezer after reading that book.
I mean it was HOT. H.O.T. Slade, just wow. It wasn't even that it was just hot because of the sex..which it was..hot...because of the sex.. but there was such a STORY behind Slade and Aspen. One I definitely didn't expect. The whole time I was reading this, I am waiting for this secret with Jay and Aspen. I mean he sounds like a douche, but is he really a douche? I mean if she allowed for what happened to happen, can we blame him? And Slade.. Um.. Victoria, could you have surprised me anymore than you already did with that story? HOLY CHEESE AND CRACKERS!
I am so freakin' surprised right now. I don't know if it is more of the story of what he went through OR the way he reacted to opening up to her. Neither was expected, but thoroughly enjoyed. I enjoyed the hell out of this book. I couldn't put it down, it was just that good. Of course the hot male strippers sucked me in at first, but then the tale of Aspen and Slade kept me sucked in. Victoria does a spectacular job with this novella. She gets you involved from the beginning , the steam factor is off the charts, and the characters are ALL intriguing- not just the main characters. I mean hello... they're  hot ass STRIPPERS.

If you are looking for a short, hot, steamy, sexy, bad boy of a read. .  . PICK THIS UP!!
 I give this book 4.5 hearts







This Regret :





Phoenix has been stumbling through life since her brother Adric's tragic death but after eight years, she is finally piecing what remains together. She has a nice apartment, a steady job and not to mention a fresh new 'relationship' with her childhood friend, Kade Haze. He's the sexy boy next door she never even dreamed of falling for, but can’t seem to stop the pull she feels toward him.

Just when life began to make sense again and a feeling of normalcy was on the horizon, Phoenix's carefully constructed walls come crashing down.

When walking into the tattoo shop one day, the last thing she’s expecting to see is Kellan Haze, Adric’s best friend no one has seen or heard from since the day they found her brother’s body. He’s nothing as she remembers him as a child, with his wild messy hair, tattoos that cover most of his undeniably sexy body and eyes so intense it makes her legs quiver with one look. The one thing even she can’t deny is the instant rush she feels just by being in his presence.

But how can you choose between love and lust when one of these hold a dark secret, one that can crush your world to pieces and leave you gasping for air. Who can you trust when your mind is pulling you in two different directions and your heart has to choose for you?

The Haze brothers are sexy, daring and possibly . . . dangerous.

This Regret is a story of love, lust, betrayal and danger with an ending that no one saw coming.
Victoria does a good job with this book- making your cry at the loss of a loved one but finding true love in someone that also knew the person you lost. I am being so honest when I tell you I cried multiple times reading this book. Hearing the loss of Adric for Kellan and Phoenix was heartbreaking. But then you have the joy at reminiscing about his good times, along with the pain of the truths he kept hidden. Truths can hurt. So can secrets. In this case both came out and caused Phoenix pain. However I am glad for a few things. I'm glad her mom finally grew up a little. I'm glad he came back of course. I'm glad he's taking so much time with Zoe. I'm glad for Tyler. I love the way Victoria wrote this. There is so much pain in this book but also so much love. The story flowed quite well and didn't have any issues with the storyline. There were a few things that seemed a little overdone- some of the things they said. But all in all that's my only complaint. And even now, I can't Remember what it was, so it couldn't have been too bad. I just know when reading I thought that something was overused a couple times. Like I said all in all it's a great book. An emotional rollercoaster full of drama that will drive you crazy and make you cry.

I really liked it, even if it did make me all emotional and shizz... I give it 4 hearts.




This Regret http://tinyurl.com/pwzccvg

Slade (Walk Of Shame #1) http://tinyurl.com/onr8cqq 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment