Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wicked Beat by Olivia Cunning, Review by Dee

Wicked Beat
by Olivia Cunning


**ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review**

BLURB:
From the moment he lays eyes on Sinners’ new front of house soundboard operator, drummer Eric Sticks knows he has to make Rebekah his. Unfortunately, she’s too busy trying to seduce guitarist Trey Mills to pay him much attention. Rebekah never planned to fall for the tall, goofy drummer with the weird sense of humor and a heart the size of the galaxy. But Eric makes her laugh and his constant attention makes her feel sexy and irresistible–exactly what she needs after the things her last lover said to her. A woman who gives as much as she takes, Rebekah makes Eric feel like a total stud–exactly what he needs after surviving a decade of watching the incredibly talented members of Sinners from the wings.

Dee’s Review:

Holy Drumsticks! All along in reading the Sinners series, I was sure Trey was my favorite.. or Jace.. no Trey.. Yeah, Trey. Then I go and read Wicked Beat and now I don’t know which way to turn. Which way do I go? Which way do I go?!?! Please tell me you know how I feel .. All these men are just so... gah! You know!!! 

 Erick Sticks, holy hell! And Reb! Man that chick is a little ball of fierceness. I loved this book. I loved them. Not only because it was part of the Sinners on Tour Series, but because it is just all around freaking amazing! I love that this book showed that fun, jokester side of Eric, but also we get the serious side. We had views of the goofy guy in all the other books, but this time we get to see it. We also get to see the story behind the pain he hides. The story behind his all around amazingness. We also get to see his fierce loyalty and determination. I was surprised how I thought he may have been immature in previous books, but in this one I come to realize he’s just misunderstood. Totally misunderstood. 

We get to see more of the band. We get to see a little more of each of them and their ladies. But we get to see a lot more of Trey. I won’t complain, and apparently neither will Rebekah since that was her original target of capture. Poor poor Trey. I will comfort you .....  oops. Sorry that slipped.


 OOPS!!  Anyway..... We get to meet more characters in this book. Some I liked, and some I wanted to throttle. Like Isaac, and Mrs. B. Okay definitely only Isaac and Mrs B. But, I won't say more than that. Even though I wanted to throttle them, in the end they weren’t so bad. Maybe I still had a little grudge, but they weren't the devil any more. We do get our heartstrings pulled on when we learn more about Eric and his past, but also about Rebekah and her story. Both stories, both backgrounds are stories of sadness. But both are also stories of strength, and determination and having that fighting will power to overcome what you’ve been dealt. Like Eric tells Reb, they are perfect for one another.  Don’t worry it's not all sad, we have our sexiness and we have plenty plenty plenty of kink. Let me just tell you about this scene.. with the drum...set...and bass.. and ..boom...boom.. 

Nevermind... you have to read it to believe me and love it just as much as I did.. yeah.. Must Love Kink! and Costumes!! Not only that, I mean we have drama that makes you want to scream! Heart ache that makes you want to throw your book across the room. But don’t worry, we have the comradery,  family, and just everything that makes The Sinners.  Within all that, we have these two incredible people that end up together. What a wonderful pair these two are. What an awesome story. What a book full of rock star awesome sexiness! I am trying to think if there is anything that I would say was bad, or that should be changed. I can honestly say I have no complaints, none what so ever. This books was  page by page  perfection. The story could not have been smoother, or characters been more sexy and magnetic. It wasn't only that they were drawn to each other, but I was drawn to them. Way to go Olivia, well done! Well done! I give this book 4 stars. Attached to the 4 hearts is my essay ;) ahem... I think I'll take my essay back. I can't bare my fantasies like he did ...


WICKED BEAT can be Pre-ordered HERE on AMAZON

1 comment:

  1. Drool... love Olivia's books. Can't wait to read this one. Adding to TBR immediately.

    ReplyDelete