Monday, July 15, 2013

Collide by Gail McHugh Review by Dee

Collide
By Gail McHugh



Synopsis:
A missed first encounter…

Colliding with a second chance…

On the heels of graduating college and trying to cope with her mother’s death, Emily Cooper moves to New York City for a fresh start.

While harboring secrets of his own, Dillon Parker takes care of Emily through her grief. Knowing he can’t live without her by his side, he’s sweet, thoughtful, and everything Emily has ever wanted in a man.

Until she meets Gavin Blake—a rich and notorious playboy who is dangerously sexy and charming as hell. Emily tries to deny the instant connection she feels, but Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome is not inclined to let go so easily. Recovering from his own painful past, Gavin will stop at nothing to win Emily over. 

This unexpected encounter compels Emily to question her decisions, forcing her to make a choice that will destroy friendships, shatter hearts, and forever change her life.

Dee’s Review

Okay. I am going to preface my review with this. . I have a serious issue reading books with weak women as main characters. I just can't stand it. I will literally stop reading a book and walk away. I don't know why or what it is, but I literally can not take it.










I am going to be honest, Emily was a little weak. She allow stuff to happen, things to go down that did not need to.  IT. DROVE. ME. CRAZY. That being said, I don't know what it was about Emily that make me want to stick with her. I hung in there, I did. The way she handled Gavin, Dillon and her feelings irked the crap out of me, but I hung in there. It was worth every minute.

I mean Dillon was a grade a douchenozzle. Grade A. But then she would have moments of clarity and stand up to him and I would get excited. It never did last long. However, when it came to the big stuff-the blindness to the cheating, the other crap he did.. nope, we are weak as can be. See what I mean, back and forth. She was absolutely irritating. It was so back and forth that my head didn't know what to do. But then you add Gavin Blake and it’s like salve on a wound- all is good. I can't walk away from that. Holy hot man!! Seriously where is the hose? Someone hose me off! It's damn hot in here!! Just when you think you know how it's going to go down, something changes. And just when you think you know how this story is going to end.. Let me tell you, no you don't.

 This is a definite star crossed lover’s tale. It's very well written and will drive you insane with fury, irritation, and love. I can't tell you the last time that a book had me so irritated but dying to read the next page because I just had to know what happens next and how it will all play out.  You will be so so mad at the way the story of Emily, Dillon and Gavin goes down. You will be mad at Emily for running. I swear she should have been a track star. The girl is good at running, I will give her that. Mad at Dillon and maybe even Gavin.  You will be furious with Dillon’s behavior. You may also be mad at Gavin and how he handles everything. I was irritated at the way things panned out.  Don’t ask..… and love. Well, love explains itself because you will love the story. Not only the way it’s written, but the love that is revealed in this story. What one thinks is true love, is it? And it's not only the main characters that you fall in love with. It's all of them. Fallon, Trevor, Olivia, all of them. The story doesn't just revolve around three of them, it revolves around all of them. I give it 4 hearts...but beware..  Book 2 is released soon! Let’s see where this story takes us.

Collide can be purchased on Amazon, B&N, Kobo 

1 comment: