Saturday, January 18, 2014

One Tiny Lie Paperback Release Spotlight




Livie has always been the stable one of the two Cleary sisters, handling her parents' tragic death and Kacey's self-destructive phase with strength and maturity. But underneath that exterior is a little girl hanging onto the last words her father ever spoke to her. “Make me proud,” he had said. She promised she would...and she’s done her best over the past seven years with every choice, with every word, with every action.

Livie walks into Princeton with a solid plan, and she’s dead set on delivering on it: Rock her classes, set herself up for medical school, and meet a good, respectable guy that she’s going to someday marry. What isn’t part of her plan are Jell-O shots, a lovable, party animal roommate she can’t say ‘no’ to, and Ashton, the gorgeous captain of the men’s rowing team. Definitely him. He’s an arrogant ass who makes Livie’s usually non-existent temper flare and everything she doesn’t want in a guy. Worse, he’s best friends and roommates with Connor, who happens to fits Livie’s criteria perfectly. So why does she keep thinking about Ashton?

As Livie finds herself facing mediocre grades, career aspirations she no longer thinks she can handle, and feelings for Ashton that she shouldn’t have, she’s forced to let go of her last promise to her father and, with it, the only identity that she knows.




Born in small-town Ontario, Kathleen published her first book at the age of six with the help of her elementary school librarian and a box of crayons. She is a voracious reader and the farthest thing from a genre-snob, loving everything from High Fantasy to Chick Lit. Kathleen currently resides in a quaint small town outside of Toronto with her husband, two beautiful girls, and an exhausting brood of four-legged creatures.







This series is bound to make you cry. Our story for Livvie unfolds in this book, whereas in Ten Tiny Breaths that was Kacey. We get to see how she seemed so put together in Ten Tiny Breaths, really wasn't as perfect as we thought. This book is so beautiful and equally sad at the same time. The story of Livvie and Ashton will break your heart. The story for some other characters will probably break it even more. I love that we get more of Trent, Kasey, Storm and Dan. But I still feel like I need more of a HEA. I also love Dr Stayner for helping fix our girls. He is surely one cooky quack, but highly effective that is for sure. I feel like I'm as much a part of this family as they are. But, side note, I want more info on Cain. He definitely deserves a HEA. He is such a all around good guy. Anyway, I really did like this book and appreciate Livvies journey and story.

 I only gave it 4.5 stars Bc I need more for their happily ever afters.

ONE TINY LIE – Cast
I find casting actors to be THE HARDEST thing to do. I have faces in my mind for all of these characters but they aren’t people who exist, so when I have to find someone to replace those imaginary faces, it’s a challenge. The hair is never exactly right, the eye color is off, I don’t know if they can act exactly  how the character does in my head… But hair can be grown/cut and colored, contacts can be worn, and actors are, well, actors. They’re supposed to know how to transform.
So… here is a cast I’ve come up with for One Tiny Lie.  I think my favorite match is Dr. Stayner…  J

“Ashton” – Jay Ryan

“Livie” - Brittany Snow
Dr. Stayner” – Robert Downey Jr 
 “Reagan” – Hayden Panettiere
 “Connor”  - Taylor Kinney

“Grant” – Zach Roerig






1 comment:

  1. What do I look for in a perfect New Adult book is really very indescribable. I love NA probably most out of all genres, though. I love friends turned lovers as well as someone with a issue or problem that comes out later that shows their weakness. Thanks for the giveaway!
    Mimi
    miminbennett(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete