Friday, January 17, 2014

My Sweetest Escape by Chelsea Cameron, Review by Dee

My Sweetest Escape by Chelsea M. Cameron
My rating: 5 of 5 hearts




The past will always find you.

Jos Archer was the girl with the perfect life; until the night it all came crashing down around her. Now, nine months later, she still hasn't begun to pick up the pieces. Even transferring to a new college and living under the watchful eye of her older sister, Renee, isn't enough to help her feel normal again.

And then she meets Dusty Sharp. For reasons Jos can't begin to fathom, the newly reformed campus bad boy seems determined to draw her out of her shell. And if she's not careful, his knowing green eyes and wicked smile will make her feel things she's no longer sure she deserves.

But even as Dusty coaxes Jos to open up about the past, he's hiding secrets of his own. Secrets about the night her old life fell apart. When the truth is finally revealed, will it bring them closer together;or tear them apart for good?




*ARC provided for an honest review*

I TOTALLY loved this book! I love the story of Dusty and Jos. Though I will admit, it was driving me insane not knowing what shut her down. Not knowing what was the catalyst for her change. I was dying trying to figure it out. And obviously, it was killing her sister too! Hell, it was killing her whole house of friends. There were so many things I loved about this book. The family dynamic in the house, the way they looked out for one another, Jos and Hannah's friendship, Dusty, well all the guys, Napolean. This book really is so good. Such a great balance of drama and love. I didn't know what I was going to do with Hannah, the little spit firm. When she jaw jacked that frat boy, I almost lost it. There were so many times that the girl just had me laughing. She is hilarious. I found myself at times wanting to scream from suffocation by Renee and everyone else. I also found myself reading ahead to get to the parts where Jos and Dusty were together. "Fuck it". sigh. Fighting it so much just like our Old Mr Grey, I see. Never works, Dust, never works. When they both confessed their ideas of fault, my heart broke. I mean, literally broke. Neither of these young people are to blame, but here they are altering who they are because of this. But loving each other in spite of it. I can't say enough great things about this. It's a must read.

I give this book 5 hearts


Pre-order My Sweetest Escape NOW

Book one is My Favorite  Mistake
You can find it on Amazon, Kobo and Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment