Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review The Love Game by Emma Hart

Blurb: 

His challenge? Make her fall in love with him.
Her challenge? Play the player.
Until life changes the rules of the game.

Maddie Stevens hated Braden Carter on sight. Arrogant, egotistical, and the playboy of the University of California, Berkeley, he's everything her brother Pearce has taught her to despise. So why, when the girls challenge her to play the player, doesn't she say no? She doesn't know either.

Braden wanted fiery little Maddie the second he laid eyes on her - and he'd do anything to have her, hence why he's agreed to make her fall in love with him. After all, it's the only way he'll get what he wants. Sex.

But, as Braden discovers, there's more to the girl from Brooklyn than he ever imagined - and he can't help but care about the broken girl behind those pretty green eyes.

Maddie finds Braden isn't just a walking erection - he actually has feelings. He can be sweet, funny and his good looks don't exactly hurt. That means trouble - but when her brother Pearce turns up in Berkeley begging for her help, she realises Braden and Pearce aren't so alike anymore.

And maybe, just maybe, they're exactly what each other needs.

********Sandie's Review:*********

I began to read this book and I was like (yawn) another one of those books. You know girl goes to college sees the good looking man whore wants nothing to do with said man whore and blah blah blah.
HA! Well guess what? Emma Hart you fooled me you little devil you!

Have you ever seen John Tucker must die?? You know where the girls the man whore is two timing/four timing all get together to bring him down.

Have him fall in love with one "special" girl and then break his heart.
That is Braden in this book and that special girl is Maddie. Twist to this plot though and that is that the guys know that Maddie is a tough ummm nut to crack so the guys also do a challenge. Have Maddie fallin love with Brayden and then dump her. Crazy right.

Maddie refuses to fall in love or date guys like Brayden because of her brother and what he has done in the past. little more specifically what he did to her best friend Abbi.
Braden has a best friend who is a girl Megan or Megs or Meggie, she is a part of the girls plan to make him fall in love with Maddie then dump him. I know your all probs like HUH! that is her BFF why would she do that? Oh Megs is a tad bit smarter then I think everyone gave her credit for. She wants to see her BFF change his ways.

I think pretty much throughout the book I knew how it would end...BUT the way the author writes is really what draws you in. I couldn't stop reading. I found myself laughing and saying oh hell no. Then I got to 71% and I was like OOOOHHHHH SHIIIZZZZ.....then at 79% I think I actually gasped and I am pretty sure I looked like this....
It gets kind of crazy. And I think I was like....
Brayden and Maddie fall for one another and its crazy but when you read how and why it totes works. I was like hell yeah but then yup that part in every story where you know your gonna get punched in the stomach happens. They both find out about each others bets. And then chaos ensues.
I enjoyed their story. I liked the secondary characters, I enjoyed the banter and the way the relationship evolved. It wasn't all wham bam...ok well 3 weeks but it seems longer and they are just too cute together.

I gave this book
4/5 hearts!


No comments:

Post a Comment