Thursday, October 31, 2013

Bad Blood by Ginny Lurcock, Review by Dee

Blurb:
High school senior Victoria “Tori” Reeve has it pretty good. She’s rich, she’s smart, and she’s popular. What more could a girl ask for? Sure, she’s a little lonely, what with being single and her best friend going off to college and all, but she’s got her work at the Spaulding Crisis Center to keep her busy. When she gets a new boss in the very easy on the eyes form of Isaac Larsen, suddenly her volunteer work feels a lot less like work. Even if he does seem to cause Tori to break out into spontaneous fits of foot in mouth disease. Somehow in spite of her blunderitis, Isaac still seems to be interested in her in a more-than-employer or even more-than-friends kind of way.

So really she should have known that things would go sideways.

Trouble comes to Spaulding, and that trouble seems to be centered on Tori and the Crisis Center. Is she really the focus? Or does this all have to do with the new mysterious man in her life? In her efforts to find out, Tori stumbles across some secrets. Skeletons that might have been better off left in the closet. As it turns out, Spaulding is a hot spot for bad blood…


You can find Ginny using her links below


Dee's Review

Okay if anyone would have said that I would have been totally into a vampire psycho stalker love triangle book, I would have said you're off your rocker that doesn't even sound good. But I was wrong, I thought this book was good. And no, before you even go there.. this was NOT like Twilight. There are no Werewolves or Shapeshifters, whatever you want to call them. Hell.. they don't even get married or have sex. 



I know, right! Sad for me.. but good for the characters. it's about time that teenagers don't jump into bed with one another!!  There is a TON of sexual tension though. And maybe some good *cough* dreams...Anyway.. I know normally were all about the book boyfriends, well this book has two. Well three if you count the one for her mom. Totally not wierd, I promise. I had a feeling someone in the book was a vampire but totally didn't see half the stuff coming that happens. Isaac- what!?!


 Her mom- neck snapping whaaaaat!?!? 


 Her grandpa - whaaattttttt!!!! 




Her friends !!! Drew!!! Sam!!!


 Omg there  were so many times I was like omg no!! There were also so many times I jumped teams between Isaac and Drew. I don't know why but I totally love that our characters in this book are Virgins. Love it. I'm so glad it's not the normal virgin girl and slut boy. I'm SO sick of that, this was a breath of fresh air. 



 I feel like though issues were wrapped up though, I'm still hanging off a cliff wondering what it really going on...And the way Tori talks. OMG. She had me cracking up. Especially when she rambles!!!! All in all, Ginny, this book was awesome! I give this book 3.5 hearts

You can buy Bad Blood using the purchase links below

Print    Kindle    Kobo   Nook


No comments:

Post a Comment