Monday, September 15, 2014

Reaper's Stand by Joanna Wylde, review by Dee

Synopsis:

As Reapers Motorcycle Club president, Reese “Picnic” Hayes has given his entire life to the club. After losing his wife, he knew he’d never love another woman. And with two daughters to raise and a club to manage, that was just fine with him. These days, Reese keeps his relationships free and easy—he definitely doesn’t want to waste his time on a glorified cleaning lady like London Armstrong.

Too bad he’s completely obsessed with her.

Besides running her own business, London’s got her junkie cousin’s daughter to look after—a more reckless than average eighteen-year-old. Sure she’s attracted to the Reapers’ president, but she’s not stupid. Reese Hayes is a criminal and a thug. But when her young cousin gets caught up with a ruthless drug cartel, Reese might be the only man who can help her. Now London has to make the hardest decision of her life—how far will she go to save her family?



*arc provided for an honest review *

 And Joanna does it again... I think this may be my favorite of all the Reapers books so far. There is just something about picnic that pulled me in and totally made me fall for Picnic. And London, I wanted to hate her for what she did. Lord knows I was pullin' for the chick, however I found myself really wanting to hate her for what she did. The reality of it is though, I totally get why she did, I would've done the same. But then on the flip side I'm like poor Picnic. I felt really bad for him. To fall for someone and then for them to do that. I took pity on the man. And the man surely didn't take pity on her.... Not in that room at least. I'm not telling you more than there is a room involved. No spoilers allowed. Whew. Yikes. *fanning face* I will tell you who I didn't like in this story. Jessica. I get it. She's a teenager, and she has slight mental disabilities, but still. I found myself getting so sick of her antics. Did you notice though, when London had to tell them everything, when she came clean, she never mentioned that Amber was dead. Guess she was that insignificant. I am happy with London's growth in the book though. She starts using cuss words and standing up to Jessica. A little too late if you ask me, but at least she did. She almost does a complete 180 from the person we originally meet and I like it. I kinda felt bad for painter though. A little. And Puck too. Oh oh oh And Hunter and Em. Throughout the story there's a little thing here and there that made me feel for each of the guys. Though I think I missed why Maggs was so Pissed, but really I am totally diggin Picnic. 

 Joanna definitely delivers again. She has this writing style that just sucks you in. She always delivers those books that you just can't put down and once you get to the end you wanna pick it right back up again. The world of the Reapers is so intense you can't help but feel like you get to watch the book as a movie while you read because you're so invested and involved. She always delivers emotion and drama so evenly balanced with enough steam to melt your tablet.  Reaper's Stand doesn't disappoint. She does it again, clearly knocking it out of the park.


I give this book 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment