Monday, September 22, 2014

Shadowing Me by Crystal Spears bl og tour, review by Dee

Shadowing Me by Crystal Spears
~Available September 22nd~
Shadowing Me
Breakneck Series #3
by Crystal Spears
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


~Synopsis~
Welcome back to the world of Breakneck where Pyro continues to mourn the loss of Lana, ZZ’s twins drive him crazy, and the whole MC prepares for the birth of Braxxon and Winter’s child. Things are quiet and calm… Or so it seems.

Shadow’s secrets are slowly being revealed, leaving him powerless to stop the resulting havoc. With Tatiana hot on his trail every time he turns around, the tables have turned, and now, she has become his Shadow.
As Winter and Braxxon begin a hostile takeover of the BDSM club owned by Shadow’s best friend, the unthinkable happens, and the result is the worst bloodshed in Breakneck history. The torture, violence, and death caused by the carnage will have the entire MC reeling from the loss.

When Shadow finally decides to stop denying his feelings for Tatiana, he discovers it may be too late. The Breakneck family loss is far too great for Tatiana to think about her own feelings for the one man who has constantly resisted her.

Causing further drama for the Breakneck crew, the Russians step back into the picture. Whether they are friend or foe remains to be seen. And when Winter gets an unexpected visitor, it throws Tatiana in a fit of rage and rebellion.

Welcome back to the real world of Breakneck… where bloodshed and mayhem are to be expected


~Excerpt~


"What are your tastes today, my friend?"

Hmm… "Rose has me yearning for a pale, redhead."

Alec looks around. "Right over there." He nods his head to the left. "Haven’t had her, but I hear good things."

My eyes follow his line of sight until they reach the woman he is referring to. She’ll do. Although her skin is pale, her red hair is definitely not natural. After I finish looking over her body, my eyes go to her left wrist and I smirk. Lovely little, fake redhead, I’m coming for you.

I don’t bother with unnecessary goodbyes as I stalk my way over to her. I need to let some of this frustration loose, and as soon as possible. My demons claw at my chest cavity, begging for release. Her eyes roam my body and, stopping at the leather on my wrist, she nods in acceptance and puts her cigarette out. I don’t wait for her. I don’t have to. She’ll follow. I stroll through the club with confident movements that would make most spectators weak in the knees. I’m a man on a mission.

As I get to my room and dig out my key, the fake redhead comes up behind me. No words are necessary as she waits for me to unlock the door. I nudge it open with my foot, using my hand to gesture her inside first. I am not a complete asshole. I still have some manners.

Once the door is shut and locked, I shrug out of my leather cut and walk over to the closet. I have no patience for clutter. Thankfully, I’ve learned to separate my club from my extra-curricular activities because, let’s face it, some of my brothers are fucking disgusting. After hanging up my cut, I head towards the dresser.

"What shall I call you?" My hands slide along the cold, polished surface. I don’t bother looking at her yet. I’m studying her to see if she is looking for an emotional connection with her scene mate.

"Sunny, Sir."

Good. So far, we are on the same page, but I don’t like to be called Sir. "You’ll address me as Tavis."

"Tavis." She repeats it slowly, making sure she gets it correct.

"Yes, Sunny. Tavis, not Travis." My fingers continue to slowly caress the wood. "Drop your skirt and kick it over."

The sound of her zipper sings in my ears and the demons inside me rustle about. I fling my shades off and dig the contact case out of my pocket. With my back to her, I pinch the blue lenses out of my eyes, and as I place them in their container, her leather skirt lands on the toe of one of my boots. I want her frightened, and what better way to accomplish that than showing her my soulless eyes. "Now, your corset."

"Yes, Tavis." She murmurs.

Her breathing picks up as I unbuckle my pants and toe off my boots and socks.


~Giveaway~

 

You can find my other reviews of the Breakneck novels here:
Seize Me
Withstanding Me 
Resenting Me 





*arc provided for an honest review*

I really both loved and hated this book, okay maybe not hated..but didn't like an aspect so well. I love Breakneck, so to me it was going to a book I was going to love just because. You know, when you love a series so much, you just keep reading because it's that good. Well, it is that good. Crystal doesn't disappoint in that aspect, but there were still parts I was mad about, parts I didn't like. Tea and Shadow don't really get a full story, which Crystal has been clear and communicating to her fans and followers. Now, I knew this, doesn't mean I liked it. I still wanted their happily ever after, you know like BRax and Winter or ZZ and Storm. Not that those couples had all happiness and rainbows, but you know what I mean. I know there is MORE to Tea and Shadow.While reading there was so many questions I had. Why does he battle these demons and not embrace them? Why does he hate this about himself so much? What is he walking into? When will the Breakneck boys not have fights coming from all angles? So..back to what I did and didn't like. I almost lost my shit when Brax and Winter shit hit the fan..when Tatiana had to step in. I mean, I literally almost threw my tablet. I was like NO WAY. NO FREAKING WAY DID BRAX JUST DO THAT! I mean, this is Brax! BRAX we are talking about! Then on the flip side, I love Winter, i love that she broke through and didn't take what was being said or happening. Then, I love that Tatiana almost grew up in front of their eyes at that point in the story. They almost realized that she wasn't a baby anymore. I love that through the story, you see Tatiana change, you see her grow. I mean who wouldn't grow with the things she has seen and been through in this book. I love that we get our standard breakneck drama. And Pyro. Oh my poor poor Pyro. I just wanted to crawl into my kindle and cuddle the big teddy bear. He sure needed it after the reality dose he was given, or...forced to swallow I should say. Taking over, wars, fighting, screwing, and of course, we have loss...all our typical Breakneck novels, right? Well in this one I definitely didn't expect it,  it was someone I didn't see coming, and one that thoroughly pissed me off. I can't believe that let that person who's responsible for the death of a brother just walk away the way they did. I expected the whole eye for an eye idea to apply. And there is a large part of me that expects that rule to still apply in the future. I don't see the Breakneck boys letting that person get away with the death of a brother, directly responsible or not. I'm sure payback will be had, and I can't WAIT for it to come. Because let's be honest, once you read this and you find out who's responsible, you too will want blood. You are going to run the whole gamut of emotion during this book, believe me.

Crystal doesn't disappoint in this book, though to me, it felt different in some way. I think it's because they're story isn't over. I realize in the other Breakneck stories, they weren't really 'over' either since we get more in every book. But they go dark, then they fight through to their temporarily HEA. I know that there is more to Shadow and Tea, and I think that's my problem. Not only am I impatient, but I wanted them to have their HEA. Well, as happy as Breakneck can get. IF anyone deserves their HEA, it's Tea and Shadow. What these two battle through may not be as dark or as hard as Storm or Winter, but it's a fight nonetheless. It's dark in a different aspect, somewhere Breakneck hasn't gone before. I love how Crystal has written this story, this 'different dark' story. I love that Shadow is our BDSM boy. I love the way he is with Tea. and I love love loved Tatiana making him jealous. I thought it was kind of hilarious actually, though I'm not sure it was meant to be. I think this is another great work of Crystal, I just want more, and I want it now. 

Still, with all my ups and downs with this, I still give the story 4 hearts



Amazon US - http://www.amazon.com/Shadowing-Me-Breakneck-Book-Three-ebook/dp/B00NS4Q96O/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1411339592&sr=8-8&keywords=shadowing+me+crystal+spears
Amazon CA - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00NS4Q96O?*Version*=1&*entries*=0
Amazon UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NS4Q96O?*Version*=1&*entries*=0




~Author Bio~


Crystal Spears has always had a passion for literature. She fell in love with reading at an early age. After spending a decade in business management, she began blogging and book reviewing, only to find that that didn't satisfy her craving. So, she began to write. Like any Indie out there, she had goals and dreams. She wrote Talania - a trip down memory lane, a beautiful, contemporary romance novel. It almost made it to the top, just almost. Someone told Crystal to write what she knew. She gave serious thought to that advice.

For many years, her father had been CEO of a well-known gun and surplus store in Texas. He then bought a tattoo shop where Crystal found herself surrounded by bikers. Hardcore bikers. The Bestselling Breakneck Series was born when Crystal decided to write what she knows. Don't get the wrong idea.

Her Breakneck series is completely fictional, but based on things seen and heard, she now had a place to start writing from that knowledge. Seize Me was hardcore, and Crystal became the writer known as the chick with no boundaries. She took the critics the wrong way and made her next bestseller Withstanding Me a little tamer. Readers were quick to point out that they did not like that and demanded that Crystal return to gritty writing. When asked if she would write gritty from now on, her only answer was... "I'll write what my readers want me to write, and I'll also write what I feel."

Crystal resides in Indiana with her husband and their two children. They have a pit named Dozer, two fish, and one fancy rat. They enjoy the outdoors, and camp, fish, and go boating as much as possible.



~Contact Information~


Author.CrystalD.Spears@gmail.com

www.CrystalDSpears.com

Amazon Page -http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-D.-Spears/e/B00B7VTO2Q/

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/CrystalDawnSpears?ref=hl

Facebook Breakneck Series Fan Page - https://www.facebook.com/BreakneckSeriesFans?ref=hl

Twitter - https://twitter.com/CrystalDSpears






~Buy Links~




Seize Me



~*~




Withstanding Me




~*~



Resenting Me




~*~

Discovering Me
Pre-Order



http://tinyurl.com/mayvzqe














No comments:

Post a Comment