Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What If by Bayli Lane, Review by Dee



For some people falling in love was a happy, glowing experience. For Briar Kelly and Arrow Donovan it was more like getting hit by a freight train.

Caring for one another was never an easy feat. They constantly fought to hold their feelings inside, not wanting to jeopardize their friendship. Then, Arrow left for the Marines, and everything changed. Briar was shattered. Arrow was hurt.

While Briar told herself she’d never let another man affect her in such a way, Arrow still remained in the forefront of her mind. For Arrow, his memories of Briar kept him alive in both of his near death experiences. When Arrow’s demons threatened to drag him under, Briar was there, pulling him from the darkness.

"What ifs" keep piling up while resentment and redemption battles continue; will Briar and Arrow be able to find their happily ever after, or will this be one war that Arrow can't win?





Gift from the author for an honest review

This is a really cute romantic read. I'm not gonna lie I did find myself screaming at my kindle. I wanted Briar and Arrow together so badly. I wanted them to just air their feelings, but then I had to remember it's high school and kids aren't really honest, let alone know how to deal with their feelings.


 Especially deep, strong ones. But god, can I tell you this.. Briar, she's so selfless. She lets Darcy date him. Eats her feelings, totally ignores them, tries to move on while watching him fall in love with someone else. Almost having him, then having him rub another girl in your face. Having to let go of your best friend to hang on by a thread and again, having another girl thrown in your face. Your friendship questioned. Your loyalty questioned. It had to be utterly heartbreaking for her. I don't know how she didn't lose it half the time. Just full out scream.

 But then Lacey. Gah! Conniving little £|*{*>•. Yeah. Ugh. As the story went on, I wanted to be happy for them living their lives. But I couldn't find it in me. It was one of those cases where you put your foot down and are just screaming "no, it's not supposed to happen this way! They're supposed to end up together." 



Even once they get a second chance there was baggage. And of course someone had their greedy little hands all over it. I'm telling you..i felt crazy. I found myself full of the feels. I didn't know how to handle this. I was happy but so unhappy. There was just too much baggage. I wanted to yell at her, then him, then her. Gah! There is only one thing I wish.. I wish they would have completely cleared the air. I wish she would have told him what happened at graduation. I wish she would have told him about trying to contact him. I wish he would have told her what Leah did. I wish Leah would have been held more accountable. That karma would have come back around. I know, I know, I'm a spiteful person.

Ultimately this was a beautiful love story that will drive you crazy with how Bayli made their story unravel. But she is an amazing author, I've read her other book and recommend it too.


I give this book 4 hearts












Where people can find Bayli...
Facebook
Twitter 
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment