Monday, June 2, 2014

Devil's Game by Joanna Wylde, Review by Dee

My rating: 5 of 5 stars




Sypnosis:

Liam “Hunter” Blake hates the Reapers MC. Born and raised a Devil’s Jack, he knows his duty. He’ll defend his club from their oldest enemies—the Reapers—using whatever weapons he can find. But why use force when the Reapers’ president has a daughter who’s alone and vulnerable? Hunter has wanted her from the minute he saw her, and now he has an excuse to take her. Em has lived her entire life in the shadow of the Reapers. Her overprotective father, Picnic, is the club’s president. The last time she had a boyfriend, Picnic shot him. Now the men in her life are far more interested in keeping her daddy happy than showing her a good time. Then she meets a handsome stranger—a man who isn't afraid to treat her like a real woman. One who isn't afraid of her father. His name is Liam, and he’s The One. Or so she thinks.



Dee's Review
arc received from the publisher for an honest review

When I first read this book in May, I didn't immediately like it like I did with the other Reaper books. I mean, I liked it but I didn't love it like I did the other books. SO I knew something was up and I needed to walk away. My mind just wasn't in the right spot for a Reaper book. It needed my full attention. Reapers command your full attention. So, I knew I needed to come back to it. So I did. Today. Yes, today I finished it and today and I am posting my review. I went into this book hating Hunter, I mean hello. Remember what he did to Em and Sophie? I mean good lord, I'm a Reaper girl.. we can't like Devil's Jacks...right? I mean, right? sigh...no. Wrong. as much as I wanted to hate Liam for what he did, by the middle of the book I fucking loved him. GAH! I could totally feel the internal struggle that Em was having, because hell, as a reader I was having it too. But damn if Liam/Hunter didn't show us he's a better man, he's a good man, and more importantly he's a good man for Em. But let's be honest here, Em... wow. She totally grew up and grew a backbone in this book. I was pleasantly surprised that not only did she become a kick ass adult, but there were times she defended the shit out of Liam.. and yes.. EFF YOU PAINTER. You balked, so she walked. I mean there was just so much going on, but props to Liam and Em for wanting peace. I'm totally in love with Liam now, and proud of Em and Sophie for how they handled what they went through. I think Joanna did an awesome job on this. I wasn't sure how she was going to tie the two clubs together peacefully, but she does an awesome job of doing it and also doing it with a little bit of politics included. We were still able to keep the dark, gritty, dirty, raw world of the MC club all while being wrapped up in a kick ass love story. Well done, very well done. Maybe, just maybe, a Devil's Jack isn't so bad after all. Even when he has blue balls.

It's a 5 heart read for me


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment