Friday, June 6, 2014

Book Boyfriend of the week

I am so excited about this post. Okay so if you read the post when we revealed our new banner you know that we are starting a new post every Friday for our BOOK BOYFRIEND of the WEEK!!

You may be asking how exactly is this going to work? So the three of us girls here on the blog are going to tell you the books or book we have read for the week. (Starting on Friday through Thursday). Next we will tell you a few things about it, if we liked it or not and if we have a full review up or will have one up soon. Lastly we will tell you which of those books our BOOK BOYFRIEND of the WEEK came from. Oh and we have to have finished the book in order for the guy to qualify.

I, Sandie will be going first.

I read 3 books this week. 
First up: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
                        Amazon B&N iTUNES
I gave this book 5/5 hearts. This is the 3rd book in the Mortal Instruments series. This is a re-read for me and I will be writing a review. I think for me this series is one of the best paranormal ones out there. This author just knows how to write. It was enthralling from beginning to end.

Next book: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare. 
                              AMAZON  B&N  iTUNES

This is the 4th book in the Mortal Instruments Series. Another re-read and 5/5 hearts for me. I love the way Cassandra Clare keeps you so engrossed in the story. I was so upset about the thing at the end, I couldn't believe it. I was on the edge of my seat. I got anxious. You know its a great book when you re-read it and its still as great the second time as it was the first. Oh and those covers LOVE! The world building is amazing. Again another book I need to do a review for.

Last book: Before He was Famous by Becky Wicks.

It was a good story. Didn't leave a huge impression. I wanted more angst from the characters. This was a 3 heart book for me. Cute but didn't leave me reeling. I have a full review HERE ON GR

So in CoG and CoFA I actually have 3 guys to chose from. Jace, Simon and Magnus. Each of these guys brings something to the table. Jace is funny, sarcastic and a shadowhunter! Simon is quirky and finds himself in situations that either have me laughing or cringing. Oh Magnus *sigh* I love this guy. He is older then dirt but looks like he is 19. The high Warlock of Brooklyn. He has the best sense of style and I truly enjoy when he shows up in the books. He just makes them pop out.

In Before he was Famous we have Noah. He is a bit of a slut. He plays the guitar and can sing. Those gained him points. He is sweet and I love the way he loves Chole.

Now here is the hard part. Choosing my BBotW. And.....

DRUMROLL please....



Favorite quotes:


“There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.”
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“You know, some people think Shadowhunters are just myths. Like mummies and genies." Kyle grinned at Jace. "Can you grant wishes?"
"That depends," he said. "Do you wish to be punched in the face?” 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
“You're the first Shadowhunter I've ever met." 
“That’s too bad,” said Jace, “since all the others you meet from now on will be a terrible letdown.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment