Monday, February 3, 2014

Strings by Kendall Grey review by Sandie

WARNING: STRINGS is not suitable for slut shamers, uptight stone throwers, Holier-Than-Thou prudes, humorless virgins, persons with chronic neck or back pain, pearl-clutching bitties, those who disparage crude humor or vulgarity in their many forms, closed-minded people with sticks up their asses, or anyone under the age of 18. The vile, base language and shocking, unholy sexual acts contained herein are not condoned by anyone with a lick of sense and should certainly not be reproduced without proper training and protection. The potty-mouthed and perpetually horny "heroine" (the term is used loosely) of this book does not resemble a normal, well-adjusted, or remotely believable person in any way, shape, or form. The author acknowledges that the characters in this book are shallow and two-dimensional; the plot is both ridiculous and insipid. She makes no apologies for any of it.

* Readers are strongly advised to wear latex gloves whilst reading to minimize contamination risks.

Free-spirited musician Letty Dillinger adheres to a strict, “no strings attached” policy when it comes to men. After a wild night of unabashed sex in a fancy hotel room, she never expects to see the adventurous stud she dubs “Shades” again. When her all-girl rock trio books a tour at the last minute as the opening act for their archenemies, Letty’s shocked to discover she knows the competition’s new lead singer. Intimately. Shades is no longer a one-night stand. Now he’s the guy she has to one-up on stage every night for the sake of her career.


Sharing close quarters on a bus with her sexy nemesis and his bad-boy buddies puts Letty’s Golden Rule to the test. On this tour, guitar strings aren’t the only things being played. And when heartstrings are pulled too hard, they’re bound to snap sooner or later.


Well well well Mrs. Grey you have managed to capture my attention. The synopsis alone had me like...
Then I did this...
because I knew that this would be right up my ally. I get to about 2% in and I am like HOLY SHIZZLE!!
Well now that is one way to uh...huh...he bought what? she did who? what! WHAT? Oh geez that is amazingly awesome. Know what it didn't stop there, nope it got crazier and crazier. All while I got hotter and hotter. Not to mention I was laughing like i had escaped an insane asylum and was now high off crack.
Letty is the lead is the lead singer of a local band called Cherry Buzz Float, an all girl group who rock.
Her manager calls her one day and tells her she got her and the girls booked for a tour, only problem is they will be the opening act for Killer Dixon, Oh yeah one more thing, they can't stand one another.  You know what that means! My favorite DRAMA!!! 
This being a great opportunity for Letty and the girls, they eventually decide they will go on tour with the guys. This is where the crazy debauchery begins and boy oh boy what a great way for it to start. 

I enjoyed this book and I liked the lead character, she was strong but vulnerable. She kept going for her dreams by any means necessary. I love that she is very sexual and not afraid to show it. Oh and have I mentioned Shades yet? No! Oh dear gawd, he is how can I put this?
He's sexy as hell and just as adventurous as Letty. Man on man there is one scene that had me like this...
HOT DAMN! I couldn't even begin to tell you how awesomely amazing that scene is...picture 
a wall and some sexy ass people and scene! I can't go into specifics but believe me you don't want to miss out!

Again, this book is not for prudish people who have no sense of humor. The author uses very funny words to describe very intimate, private places on the body. So if you are offended easily then no you should stay away. I myself loved the linguistical twist in words the author used for vagina and cock. I was laughing picturing someone actually saying this things. I also enjoyed the sex scenes. *waggles eyebrows*

I gave this book 
4/5 hearts




Kendall Grey is the self-appointed past, present, and future president of the Authors Behaving Badly Club. A whale warrior and indie freedom fighter, she spends summers in the corner (usually with a dunce cap on her head) and winters hunched at the peak of Mt. Trouble, fiery pens of fury (complete with invisible ink) flying across the pages. She has a big set of cajones, and she's not afraid to use them. In her spare time, Kendall speaks your mind so you don't have to.

Kendall lives off a dirt road near Atlanta, Georgia but don't hold that against her. 

Stalk her on her social media links below:

No comments:

Post a Comment