Friday, February 14, 2014

Shannon's Review of Acute Attraction by AJ Walters


Acute Attraction
By: AJ Walters
Release Date: December 21, 2013





 Meet…

.....Working single mother Isabel Chambers. She’s not a size 12 or as you’ve probably guessed, a virgin either. She’s lived her life, but now feels it is her time to re-discover herself. 
…Marc Sanders an attractive, successful Harvard Professor of Medicine visiting Cambridge. He has a secret past that has been well hidden. An Acute Attraction is a heart warming, exciting and compelling story of love and romance, full of seductive and sensual emotions and images, sexual exploration and passion. Isabel is an ordinary, working, single mother of two, who needs some “me” time, so, kids sorted, she books herself into a hotel for a week of rest and relaxation. Marc is an American professor at Harvard University and is in England to present research results to Cambridge University. Two people, out for adventure and excitement, meet and begin a journey of fun, thrills, lust and desire. But, is Mark all he seems to be? What is he hiding?





 I’m a new contemporary romance author who has just made her first appearance on to the indie circuit. I currently live in Staffordshire, UK with my 2 incredibly handsome sons. I work full-time, but as a total ‘Book-a-holic’, I wanted to have a go at writing and so started my own blog with a short story. I have various interests in history, romance and elements of erotica, so I brought all of these together in the blog, which then transformed into my debut publication; An Acute Attraction.
It was after a weekend away down in Suffolk/Cambridge that I came up with the whole concept. I wanted to break the trend of size 12 virgins in books and so introduced a new real woman in Isabel Chambers. She’s a size 18-20, working single mother who now feels is it her time to start living her life again. At the ripe young age of 39, I also wanted to show that you can experience everything that a twenty-something would.
I saw that a 39 year old isn’t quite at retirement age for fun, sex and finding love again. There are so many women out there that can be represented in books as well as the slim, innocent and beautiful types. Don’t get me wrong I love reading books with them in, but there are so many of them around now, I felt it is time for something different. I’d like to think I brought my sense of humour across in it as well. I am ditsy, I suffer from ‘foot in mouth’ syndrome, but I can also be serious and sentimental. From the feedback I’ve had, apparently it makes for a great writing voice.




This book really does own up to its title. As acute can be defined as severe in effect, it was a severe attraction between the two characters in the book.  It is a great love story but ends on a cliff hanger making you beg for more. So AJ Walters I need more.




Isabel is a intelligent, gorgeous woman. She isn’t your normal skinny minny and yes she has her reservations on her outlook appearance as well. I mean who doesn’t. She makes you feel though even if you are bigger or been pulled through the mud that you can find a man that will love and worship you for you.



Mark is a hot professor. *Fanning myself* I love those professors. I mean who doesn’t like them when they are well built, dark hair, and wears glasses every so often. *Whooooo I need a cold shower*



Okay sorry. He has some problems with another woman. It’s not what you think though. He is a stand up guy who I feel like is handling things the best way he can.



This book is well worth a read. It was a book I read in one setting and couldn’t get enough of it. It is a great page turner. I love those kinds of books. I am giving this book 5 hearts.






No comments:

Post a Comment