Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Thief Review by Dee

Thief (Love me with lies #3)
By Tarryn Fisher

Blurb:
Caleb Drake never got over his first love. Not when he got married. Not when she got married. When life suddenly comes full circle Caleb must decide how how far he is willing to go to get the aloof and alluring Olivia Kaspen back. But for every action in life there is a consequence, and soon Caleb finds out that sometimes love comes at an unbearably high price.



Dee’s Review
I just finished this book and by just finished, I literally mean I just closed my kindle. Okay, well maybe there was a pee break in there. Anyway.. I don't know what to do with this book. If you've ready any of the Love Me with Lies series, you know this is going to be a major head trip. MAJOR. HEAD. TRIP. And let me tell you this one does not disappoint. I was nervous reading this, like is she gonna play with me? are they not gonna end up together? oh god.. I'm nervous..
There were so many times, looking back and even now, where they were so close to being together. SO CLOSE! But so many people, along with fate, were working against them. Especially!  Especially!! The devil herself, Leah. She takes the word bitch to a whole new level. I’m sorry but she is just a spoiled rotten bitch who didn’t get her way so she has to have revenge in the worst possible way on all those involved. GAH! I hate that! Hate characters like that. But that just goes to show you how well written a book is, to make me feel that deeply. Because believe me, I was feelin something alright.


She pushed my buttons. I wanted to jump into my kindle and slap a ho! I have to wonder, are there people that messed up in this world? I mean really?? REALLY!?!?!? Usually, I’m not a fan of the back and forth between past and present. But I love the way it’s done in this series, and yes, in this book. There are some things that are lies- from him or her- and some are mis-communications. And when the lies are finally all on the table.. the truth is out.. just when you think they may work it out- BAM! Nope. And of course, that pisses me off. Like totally makes me so mad. Why does it have to be so complicated??!?! WHY ?? WHY?? WHY???? I was like seriously!!?!?! 



 And poor Olivia, knowing she is breaking someone's heart, Noah- that hurts. Not only doing that but seeing all that she has lost during the span of the series and their tumultuous relationship makes me ache for her. Noah, the poor guy.. what does he do? Fight or give up… fight or give up… We find out so much more of her history with Caleb, things we didn't know before. And things start to fall into place. I swear there was a huge sigh of relief from me when Caleb finally accepted that she was it for him. FINALLY! Now we just have to get  Olivia there.  I really, honestly didn't think she'd ever get there. But then the accident finally brings them together. Finally. That's when the best part ever comes along!! Leah tries to mess with Caleb again.. And Liv.. Oh Olivia, Olivia, Olivia.. BEST. REACTION. EVER. The way she finally puts the devil in her place, it was epic! EPIC! And Long long overdue. 

This book was so good. So so sooo good. A normal head trip from the author where I feel like I've been chewed up and spat out. But I still coming running back for more. Almost like I have to enjoy that pain from the head fuckery to enjoy the love that they have. God I give this head trip 4.5 stars. It was great. I will warn you, it had a happily ever after-ish ending. Not what you expect. It may not be perfect, but it's perfect for this story. It's perfect for Caleb and Olivia.
THIEF can be purchased on Amazon, B&N and Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment