Monday, August 5, 2013

Sharing Harper by V Murphy

Blurb:

“I’m not very good at sharing, especially when it comes to you Harper.”

A pain too hard to understand.
A struggle too deep to reach.
A love too complicated to work…but too intense to let go.
Harper Mae ran as far away as she could from her abusive past. She went to a different city and numbed her pain by using men, never sleeping with the same guy more than once.
Ryder worked at a coffee shop trying blend in with the rest of the world, desperately trying to live a normal life. After leaving a relationship and losing his family, he vowed never to fall in love again.

Until one day they are unexpectedly drawn to each other unable to let go.

Harper and Ryder’s turbulent relationship, two people who are struggling to find themselves, realize the answer lies within each other.
Secrets, so deep, that both have, end up surfacing causing irrevocable pain.
Will their love be strong enough to survive or will their pain be the downfall to their relationship?
Will Harper open up enough to share her past with Ryder or will he be just another number on her list?


****Sandie's Review****

I am really at odds with myself. I am having a hard time writing this review because I respect writers and the time it takes them to write their book. Its hard because as a reviewer I read so many books, that if the plot/storyline is the same I kind of get turned off if there is no real huge something that makes me feel connected or wanting more. I don't know if this makes sense. Its kind of like being fed spaghetti for every meal. Your palette wants something different, a new texture, a new taste something other than the same spaghetti. 

There were many aspects of the story that I did like. I liked that Harper came from a bad background and was trying to find herself. I enjoy when women who don't want love find it in an unexpected person. That is what happens when Harper meets Ryder. 

I loved Harpers best friend Skye. She is someone like me. She reminded me a lot of Chyna from the Avoiding series. I love Chyna so I love Skye. The fact that she always has her friends back and is there for her thick or thin. I love and value friendships such as these in any story line. I feel like everyone needs that one friend who is their rock. 

Ryder is the sort of character that is easy to fall for. Charming, handsome, kind of an alpha male. He is patient with Harper and shows her how to love. All great qualities. 

I understand that Harpers past is something hard to overcome. It wasn't easy and I was glad to read that she had Ryder there. I was happy that he helped her. It is not always easy for everyone to move on from their past. I liked that this book was just that. Harper finding someone and moving forward in life even if she thought that was not what she wanted or needed. 

The sex scenes to me were good, I think I got thrown off with the anal sex. Don't get me wrong I like anal nothing wrong with it, my only concern is that as one who knows about this, the first time a woman has anal unless the mans penis is the size of pinky it will not just go in, it needs training. I think a bit more research in this area would have made that scene more believable to me. Don't get me wrong when I say the sex scenes where good there are some that are hawt! 

I think that this being this authors first book, she will continue to grow and get stronger. The flow of the book was easy. I liked that there is a bit of a surprise in there. That was an unexpected treat. I was glad to see the way Harper grew in this book. 

I rated this book with 
3.5/5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment