Saturday, October 4, 2014

Blood & Sympathy by Lori L Clark, review by Dee

My rating: 3 of 5 hearts

Synopsis:

What would you do if you found yourself in love with the twin brother of the man who murdered your sister?

Claire Copeland has just graduated from high school with no plans for her future other than getting laid and partying the summer away on Devil's Fork Lake.

When her sister is murdered, Claire tries to understand why. Why the good daughter was taken, and she was left behind.

Now, she's found herself falling in love... with the twin brother of the man who murdered her sister.

Braden Sayer and his twin brother were incarcerated for murder when they were twelve years old. Braden's only connections to the outside world are through his uncle's visits and his pen pal Claire Copeland.

When Braden's released from juvie six months early for good behavior, his twin brother is less than happy about it and plots his revenge.

Now, he's fallen in love and by the time he figures out his brother's agenda, it may be too late.


****GRAPHIC LANGUAGE, SEX, VIOLENCE, AND ADULT SITUATIONS. TRIGGER WARNING - VIOLENCE AND RAPE****



*arc provided for an honest review *

I'm going to do this review a little differently, almost like a Pros/Cons list.  Let's go over what I did and didn't like.

I liked that this was an original storyline. I liked the twists to the story with all the characters involved. I liked the idea of where this could have gone. I also really liked the difference between our characters; brother vs brother, sister vs sister, dark vs light, good vs bad; almost like opposite ends of the spectrum for our characters. And I liked that the good of one was paired with the bad of the other.

But let me discuss what I didn't like. To me there was parts where I just needed more. The story almost felt like it was choppy because parts needed more details, more time needed to be spent on certain aspects instead of just glided over. Like when the body was found, more of her reaction, more of her devastation. More of why her dad hated her so much, he never really admitted to why. I just felt like it needed more. More as to what happened to her Ex and why Brandon didn't sell him out. I needed more explanations and reactions to a lot more of the story line. It would have helped me connect to the story more. 

All in all I thought it was a good book and a great storyline, I just didn't connect to it as well as I could have.


I give this 3 hearts 



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment