Saturday, August 9, 2014

Precarious (Joker's Wrath #1) by Bella Jewel, review by Dee

My rating: 4 of 5 hearts

In darkness, we find danger. In danger, I find Beau.

Ash 

is a prison guard, she's tough, she's strong and she never backs away from a fight. She takes her job seriously, she takes her training seriously, and everything in her life goes as planned.

Until the day he is brought into the prison.

She'll never forget meeting Beau 'Krypt' Dawson for the first time. She'll never forget his haunted eyes and his numb expression. He's a member of the Jokers Wrath MC and it is said he killed an innocent family in the middle of a cafe, in cold blood.

Deranged. Crazy. Psychotic.
All those words describe the infamous Krypt, but Ash suspects there's far more to the quiet man than meets the eye. Secrets are being hidden by the club, information is being kept under wraps. Krypt is silent for a reason.

Ash is desperate to know that reason.

Continually fighting, Krypt is transferred to a high security prison. Ash is in charge. She's always prepared, always alert. Not even her skills will stop the club from ambushing them and taking back Krypt. Only Ash ends up right in the middle of it.
They take her, too.

Now she's stuck with a Motorcycle Club who are tougher than any prisoner she's ever laid eyes on. And they won't let her go. She's too much of a risk. Until the situation can be sorted, they send her and Krypt into the mountains together....alone.
An epic, dangerous love will be built on the foundations of darkness.





Oh dear, in this one we meet Krypt aka Beau. Now now now.... You all know I am a MC lover, and this one was one I was dying to read. The thing about Beau is not only is he a typical dominant caveman biker, BUT he is such a smart ass. And the way he likes to fuck.. I mean rough is one thing, but this rough is hawwwwt. Good god. Good god. I think I may have actually had to stick my ummm... coockachoo on ice, this book is that hot. Panty melting, turning you on, baby boom in 9 months type of hot. But there is more to him. The loss of his sister, the vengeance, the protection of his boys and Ash, and her friends too. I loved this book. I loved loved loved Ash. I loved her sass, independence, and she is DAMN tough. OMG I loved when she fought the boys. I loved the fighting between her and Beau, the physical fights. I love how she doesn't hold back. I love how she kicks a lot of ass. The only thing I wish that we would have gotten a little bit more of was at the end. I wish we could have seen her stand up to the club whore who started shit. I would love to see her put a woman in her place. It's not only just Beau and Ash that are awesome in this book; Maddox and Santana, Leo and Claire. They are all just as good. Now, let's discuss the drama. You know what I really liked about this book? That the drama isn't just the typical MC war that you read about in  most other MC books- which is fine, don't get me wrong. You've got so much other stuff going on, and the people who are in on it are surprising. I don't think I have read another book where the players of the game were who we had in this story. It was refreshing to have outside players, especially non-typical outside players involved. 

 Bella doesn't fail to deliver yet another amazing MC book. This is a 4 heart read for me.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment