Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Covered in Coal by Silla Webb, review by Dee

Covered in Coal (Buried Secrets, #1)Covered in Coal by Silla Webb
My rating: 4 of 5 hearts



Synopsis:

Carly Jo Simon believed that Colton Weston was her future, but he shattered her heart into tiny pieces. Just like any little girl would, she assumed her daddy would always be by her side. Unbelievably, he turned his back on her when she needed him most, leaving her with no one in her life to turn to for support.

Without options, Carly runs away from the only home she's ever known, leaving behind her heartache and the betrayal of the two men she loved most.

Seven years later, Carly reluctantly returns to Kentucky. Her daddy is dying of cancer and Colton is nothing like the boy she once loved and left. After her daddy passes, Carly must uproot her life in South Carolina and take control of Simon Coal Company, where she has no choice but face the pain of her past.

Can Carly keep her secrets buried deep beneath the black Kentucky coal and her heart safe from the fiery Colton Weston?




Silla had me all over the place in this book. I liked Carly Jo, I got sick of her back and forth. I liked Colton, then I hated him for what he did. I liked Her mom, then hated her for what she put the girls through. I liked Luke, then felt really bad for him. It was just all over the place. Just when I thought things were going to work out, Silla threw a wrench in the story line... Or a pin. And for the life of me I couldn't figure out why Carly Jo was so mad. That was the one part I didn't like. I didn't feel like she had a good enough treason to be that upset. And Dean. He was the one constant that I hated through the whole book. A constant pain in the side. A constant curiosity. A constant suspiciousness. It's like everything that went wrong, I wanted to blame him. Then the meeting, good lord I wanted to throttle my tablet. I'm glad Carly Jo is so ballsy and strong. I'm glad she isn't a pushover or she would've caved right away. Though I kinda want her to punch the lawyer, I don't trust that man. Though seems I'm not the only one. There's something else going on and I'm very suspicious as to who it is.

Silla does a great job of sucking you in and pulling at your heart strings from page one. Obviously you can tell from all that info above that she also does a fabulous job of pulling your emotions out of you during the story. And I'm not a huge fan of cliffhangers ... But this one was timed perfectly.

I give this book 4 solid hearts


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment