Friday, May 17, 2013

Kelli Maine DAY

We are excited to present KELLI MAINE DAY here on the blog....
First I did asked Kelli and her crew (MJ, Maddie, Rachael and Merrick) a few questions from readers and us.

This question for Maddie: If you loved MJ as much as you claimed to, why did it take you so long to basically say fuck it when it came to old man Rocha's threat? 


Maddie: First, thank you for having me today. It's great to be here answering questions.
MJ: With MJ.
Maddie: *laughs* With MJ. *kisses his cheek* The secret I kept--it was out of fear. We all know now what Enzo Rocha is capable of. *MJ threads his fingers through hers and squeezes* It's what I was afraid of all along, but even worse. *She gazes at MJ.* Plus, I didn't want to hurt MJ. Looking back, I should've told him right away. He's the strongest person I know. We could've faced the truth together. 

For MJ: How does it feel to finally have the woman you love by your side and your father in your life? 
MJ: Surreal. I never thought I'd have one of them, let alone both--and they came crashing in on the same day. It's amazing.

What do you think your sisters intentions are? 
MJ:I don't know. I can't acknowledge that she's my sister. She's wrapped around Enzo's finger. I won't have anything to do with her.

Question for Merrick : Where do you see your relationship heading with Rachael? 
Merrick: *shares a knowing grin with Rachael* Anywhere and everywhere.

This question for Maddie: How is your dad doing?
Maddie: He's great. He's recovering and loving his time at Turtle Tear and The Westin Plantation when we drag him there with us.
MJ: Drag him? He found some old fishing lures the other day. The man was in heaven.

Question for Merrick : Why do you think your father went through all of this trouble to hide the kids and their mother from you after all these years? What does he gain from it?
Merrick: *takes a deep breath and squares his shoulders* That's the million dollar question.
Rachael: He stays up all night trying to figure that out.
Merrick: Something's missing. It doesn't add up.
Rachael: *squeezes his arm* Just give it time. Secrets always have a way of coming out.

Merrick: In the end things worked out in your favor but did you ever think to ask Rachel out on a normal date instead of scaring the shit out of her by taking her? 
Rachael: *laughs* Like he'd ever do anything the easy way.
Merrick: *chuckles* I wasn't looking for a date, Ms. DeSalvo. I had to have you for project manager. You turned me down. I had no choice.
Rachael: *laughs even harder* No choice? Admit it, you're communication-challenged.
Merrick: I'm getting better. Thanks to you. *he winks at her*

For all for of you: Maddie, MJ, Merrick and Rachael: If you can change anything what would it be? 
Maddie: I would've told MJ everything, right away. I'll never keep a secret from him again.
MJ: I wouldn't have let Maddie leave without telling me why. I should've gone after her and made her tell me.
Maddie: *grins* Made me?
MJ: You know I have persuasive powers over you.
Merrick: *coughs*
Rachael: I would've taken what I wanted in the first place and accepted Merrick's offer.
Merrick: But, where would we be today if you did? I wouldn't change anything. We've had our share of bumps in the road--
Rachael: Craters.
Merrick: Okay, craters in the road, but that's what's made us, us. 

*Sandie laughs* that's for sure. *smile* ok, Rachael The way Merrick went about getting you ended up working but had he used a different approach; do you think that would have worked? 
Rachael: I don't know. It's hard to say. I was stuck. I didn't want to leave my mom. She depended on me. It took something drastic to wake me up and make me live my life how I wanted to.

This is for Kelli : Did you have inspiration behind the characters?
Merrick and Rachael have been around for a long time, since 2007. I wrote a paranormal romance with them that I knew I wanted to do something with someday. I ended up taking the two of them and one plotline - him kidnapping her--and wrote Taken.

Well I am glad you did. So Kelli Did you get any slack from the literary world because of the subject matter of Rachel being kidnapped?
No, not really. Oddly, the slack I do get is because it's not a true kidnapping story. Merrick changes his tune rather quickly and it's not as dark as some expect it to be. 

Thats funny in a way...Kelli, Did you ever get frustrated while writing books, if so, how did you deal with it? Did you do any research for the books? 
I get frustrated all the time. The best way to deal with it is to unplug and regroup. Get off of Facebook and Twitter, focus on friends and family and take a step back. When my head clears from all of the "noise", the characters start talking again and the storylines start to roll through my mind.

As for research, I Google things when they come up. Turtle Tear Hotel is based on Mayaland Hotel at Chichen Itza in Mexico. I've been there twice while touring the ruins and there's something about that place that gets inside my bones. The Westin Plantation is based on the Gamble Plantation in Ellenton, FL. That one I looked up online. I've never been there, but would like to visit someday.

Quick fire round FIRST THING THAT POPS INTO YOUR HEAD.
Favorite movie? 
Maddie: Bridesmaids

Favorite Color?
MJ: Blue

Sports?
Merrick: Baseball

Beer or Wine?
Rachael: Wine

Indoors or outdoors?
Merrick and Rachael - same time: Outdoors

Favorite snack?
MJ: Gelato *quirks an eyebrow at Maddie*

Would you rather take a boat or helicopter?
MJ: Boat!
Maddie: *laughs* He's afraid of heights.
Rachael: You should've seen him on the way to Turtle Tear the first time, Maddie. I thought he was going to puke.
MJ: I was not.
Rachael to Maddie: Ask Beck.
MJ: Freaking Beck.
Merrick: *laughs*

Would you rather have a pepperoni tongue or nose? 
Merrick: Umm...
Rachael: Nose, right? I mean, if you had a pepperoni tongue, you'd eat it.
Merrick: Sure...nose. Why not?

Pizza or Cheeseburger.
(All) Pizza

(Question for the guys): Would you rather see her in heels or tennis shoes? 
MJ: Tennis shoes
Merrick: Barefoot
MJ: That wasn't the question
Merrick: I don't play by the rules.
MJ: True.

(Question for the guys): Pants or Skirts? 
MJ: No preference.
Merrick: Neither.
MJ: Seriously? I'm sitting right here.
Merrick: And I don't know what you and Maddie are up to when--
MJ: OKAY. Okay. 

(Question for the girls): Christian or Gideon?
Maddie: Christian or Gideon who?
Rachael: I think they're fictional men from books.
Kelli: They are. I'll answer this one. Can we have both?

Chocolate or Whipped Cream?
Rachael: Chocolate
Merrick: Chocolate raspberry cake
Rachael: Mmmm....yeah...

Favorite Movie Kiss? 
MJ: Movie kiss?
Merrick: We'll let the women field this one.
Rachael: This is easy. When Sam and Jake Ryan kiss at the end of Sixteen Candles.
Maddie: I don't know. Umm...the only one that comes to mind is the upside down kiss in Spiderman.
Rachael: That's a good one, too.
*Sandie laughs, Yeah Spider-Man is my favorite *sigh*

Shower or Bath?
Merrick: Shower
MJ: Shower
Maddie: Shower
Rachael: Bath
Merrick to Rachael: Always have to be different, don't ya? *grins*
Rachael: I don't hear you complaining about the hot tub in the tree house.
Merrick: I wasn't thinking hot tub, I was thinking bathtub. If we're talking hot tub, then I change my answer...as long as you're in it with me.

thank you all for participating and allowing us to get in your heads for a little while! We appreciate it very much. That was fun.


Taken by Kelli Maine Review by Sandie:

Blurb:
ABDUCTION. You steal me away to a deserted island, to the one place I’ve dreamed of being—the one place I can’t go. SEDUCTION. You’re used to buying whatever you want, but you can’t buy me...how do I resist the magnetism of your body, the longing ache deep inside me? I want you to take me—on my terms. DESPERATION. Every attempt you make to love me only hurts me. How can we go on like this? This is the story of how I was TAKEN. Rachael DeSalvo cares for those she loves with no regard for what she needs from them in return. When her father dies, her mother’s emotional dependency becomes overbearing. Unable to leave her distressed mother, Rachael turns down her dream job with Rocha Enterprises. Billionaire real estate mogul, Merrick Rocha, knows what motivates people and what buttons to push to get what he wants. When the perfect project manager candidate turns down his job offer, it drives him mad. Three months of watching Rachael from afar has him more determined than ever to have her—for much, much more than an employee. Merrick takes what he wants, but can he convince Rachael to give him what he needs?

**********Sandie's Review:******************

Firstly, I looked HIGH and LOW for this book! I know youre like WTF, but let me explain. So one night prior to making the blog I was online searching for books (don't ask what I googled this was all prior to knowledge of goodreads) anywho I saw the description for this book. I was like OMG I need to read this! well I get distracted like really really easy. 



I was taken (hehe) from that page into another and totes forgot to write down the name of the book or author. Yup I'm smart

Needless to say when I went to Amazon to one click books this one popped in my head and I could'nt remember. I WENT CRAZY it took me 4 days many different google searches and FINALLY asking my book friends to get the name of the book. WHOOOOOO HOOOOO ok so then I started the book and I was like 



We have Merrick a billionaire wants to hire Racheal to help him renovate his hotel on Turtle Tear island (yup he owns an island!) In his eyes she is perfect for the job. She ends up turning it down because her mom would be lonely, and Rachel can't take that. So instead of taking the job of her dreams she turns it down. 
This is where it gets interesting. Merrick doesn't take no for an answer, he knows she is the only one for this job. He begins to stalk his prey....errr.....this woman. He thinks that if he can get her to this island she will see that she is meant to do the job and maybe even meant for him.
Thats what I said! so after a few months this sexy, crazy man "takes" her. Like he kidnaps Rachael....I know I know your probably like WTF? thats crazy! I will admit it is but it sooooo works.
“You made a lasting impression on me, Rachael, and I don’t like to be turned down. I needed to find out why you didn’t come work for me.”
 "You flinch at my words. “I’m detaining you until you choose to be here.”
LOL see not kidnap.... detain
Alright so this is where I was like ok dude no matter how sexy you are you is cray cray! 

as he begins his quest to show her he is neither delusional or scary, I found myself giddy and excited. I know WTF is wrong with me right? but Merrick just has this way about him.
I was enthralled. I was captivated. I was Taken! I never wanted this to end. I think I was a little sad when I finished the book. Yes I just gave you the meat but not the potatoes. Oh you want more. Well lets just say my kindle steamed up and I wanted a rich crazy bastard like Merrick to detain me! You all know me I likes the drama in my books because it adds effect and "OMG is this really happening?" and if done correctly my stomach is in knots and I won't put the book down until I know how it all turns out. This is that book.

I am so glad that I put that many hours searching and scouring until I found this gem. Imagine if it had sucked BUT luckily it was a great read and I was happy, then sad when it ended because I missed the characters. For all that I gave this book
4/5 hearts. 



TAKEN BY STORM by Kelli Maine


DECEPTION
Maddie Simcoe knows the devastation that comes from keeping secrets. Now, she's desperate to move on from the heartbreak that almost destroyed her -- trading wild passion that once made her knees weak for a life of comfortable stability. But before Maddie can start over, she must return home to put the past behind her once and for all...

PASSION

When Maddie blows back into MJ Rocha's life, nothing will stop him from proving to her that walking away from him was the biggest mistake of her life -- not even the engagement ring she wears. Her every look, every touch tells MJ that the fire that once raged between them still burns hot, and MJ won't give up until Maddie gives in to the inferno.

REDEMPTION

Trapped by a hurricane roaring through Turtle Tear Island, MJ and Maddie find shelter in each others' arms. While the lightning flashes, MJ and Maddie are helpless to fight bonds of desire that tie them together. But just as they're about to surrender to the torturous longing that consumes them both, the storm unleashes violent secrets from MJ's past...secrets that could wash away all MJ and Maddie's hopes of forever...

TAKEN BY STORM

DEE'S REVIEW:
HOLY MOLY !! I can't wait for you guys to read this book. MJ and Maddie are amazing. This book is full or heartbreak, drama, love, drama, happiness, and ...oh yeah.. did I mention DRAMA??? God Enzo makes me want to pull my hair out!! He's infuriating!




 Poor Maddie holding on to this secret. This secret that kept her and MJ apart, can you image bearing that weight. Doing it to keep people safe. I was so afraid for her when the secret did come out, they always do, I was afraid for the backlash... and let's just say the way it does come out....

The way MJ handles everything, okay and Merrick too, I was like YESSSS!!!! That's a good man! Through everything their love remains. WOOT WOOT! Yes I did just totally woot woot! Even after everything comes out and they finally have their ...umm... we'll call it a reunion..



I was celebrating!! OH YEAH!! GO MJ! ooohhh I shouldn't be celebrating should I? Oh well. I think they deserved the celebration from me. From EVERYONE.

And he finally tells her the words she has been dying to hear.. hear from him, and no one else. SWOON!

I will tell you this, you need to read this book. Because the end is AWESOME!

I give this book 4.5/5  hearts. You need to pick this up and add this to your TBR list...Like NOW!


Taken by Storm can be purchased on B&N and Amazon





3 comments:

  1. Loved this hot series. So anxious for the story to continue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun day with Kelli and the crew from TBS, loved the answers
    and by the way, I thought of it as "forced relocation" aka kidnap/taken
    From the first, 'Taken' then 'No Take Backs' to 'Taken By Storm' I have enjoyed them and look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day should be Kelli Maine day! Loved the blog :)

    ReplyDelete