Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fire in the Darkness by Stacey Marie Brown, Review by Dee

Fire in the Darkness 
By Stacey Marie Brown



Synopsis:

***This is NOT a YA Series but a New Adult(17+). Sexual Content and Language.***



It's been four weeks since Ember Brycin witnessed what her powers are capable of. The Electrical Current Storm has turned Seattle, Washington into a natural disaster zone. The death toll is in the thousands with countless others homeless and hungry.

And Ember is the one who caused it. Something she will have to live with every day.

Those people who were unable to escape either turned quickly into gangs or live in shelters. Ember, on the other hand, can’t do either. With a price on her head and a Dark Dweller on her ass, she is constantly on the move. Both Light and Dark are hunting her for their own purpose to use her as a weapon or a pawn in the war between the Unseelie King of the Dark and the Seelie Queen of the Light.

Em needs help but doesn’t know who to trust: Lars, the mystery man Torin told her to find? Torin, the Seelie Queen’s personal knight, who has sworn to keep Em safe? Or Eli, who wants to turn her over to the Unseelie King, but whom she has an undeniable, intense connection with?

No matter what she chooses she will probably lose—her life or everything and everyone she loves.


Dee's Review

This is the sequel to one of my favorite books of 2013, Darkness of Light. This was another book that cause me a total book hangover. I am totally addicted to Eli. As soon as I finished book one, I knew KNEW I had to read this book. It was like I pushed everything aside and had to get to this book. I had to know what happened next. Rush to the front of the line, get me that book!! Oh OH oh Oh oh !!  SO excited so excited so excited!

 Okay, back to the book. Sometimes I wanna slap Eli on the back of the head, or knock their  heads together until they see how much they want each other. How much they belong together.  But most of the time I'm salivating at the sexual tension between the two. It's just enough to frustrate you, but they give in enough to leave you dying for more.Or if you're like me, obsessing. Dying for that moment when everything works out how you want. Cause it's got to work out that way....right!?!? No way around it. It has to. I need it to pleaaaaaase. Let it happen.



 Just when I think it's going to work out how I want it to.. smack to the face. no! What if I give a sad face and beg nicely??!! DO you think Stacey will let Eli and Ember FINALLY be together? 



I didn't think so either. Where's the fun in that anyway. .. Back to the book. There is so much going on. His blood makes her part Dark Dweller. Torin is using her. Sexual tension. But Torin loves her. Lorcen. West. Sexual tension. Her mom. The queen. Her friends. Sexual tension. The King. Sex. New Fae are introduced. Sexual tension. More details of her race's past. Sexual tension. Feel what I'm layin' down? It's everywhere and you know what? I'm lovin' every freaking minute of it. But I'm so confused about Torin. I want to like him, but did he betray her? And Eli- why isn't he opening up and being honest. I am so confused ...what's going on!?!?! OOOHHH THE HORROR!!! I'm dying waiting for the next book! Dying!! DO you hear me!!!



I so totes loved this. It's a fast pace, mind screwing, sucking you in and you don't want to find your way out type of book. You need to read it. Believe me you WILL NOT be let down. I am so obsessed I am pretty sure I need EOA ( Eli Obsessed Anonymous) or DSA (Darkness Series Anonymous).  I give it 5 kick ass, book obsessed stars.



You can find my 4.5 heart review for Darkess of Light HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment