Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day number 9!!!


I am so happy to be apart of this Author/Blog Spotlight tour for Book Boyfriend Reviews 2yr blogiversary. 
Today I am spotlighting Author Rachel Brookes and Blog Kristies Kaptavating Reviews. 
 There is a short video where you can learn more about Kristie and her blog. Below is a Q&A with Rachel so you can get to know who she is and a bit more about her.

 Rachel was chosen as a featured Author because, she writes about strong men who love their woman fiercely. She loves to keep her readers guessing about what will happen next. You never know which way the story will go and that is always a great way to keep readers interested. 

Tell us your Name and about your books and what you are working on now.
 I’m Rachel Brookes and I am the author of The Breathe Series (Just Breathe, Breathless and Breathe Again) as well as Be My December. I am currently in the final stages of writing Be My Temptation which is the follow up standalone to Be My December and will feature Josh Crawford and Ashlyn Hart. It will be released in March.
Do you eat Vegemite? If so what does it taste like? 
Oh my god, I love Vegemite. I eat it on everything; sandwiches, pancakes, rolls, crumpets. Delicious. It’s so hard to describe, it’s kind of salty and savory. It’s definitely something that you need to try with someone who knows how to use it. My advice, only a light scraping of it… it definitely shouldn’t be used like peanut butter or nutella.
You always write strong male characters is it just because you like strong men or are they modeled after someone you know? 
I definitely like strong men and therefore tend to write my heroes with this in mind. I love being able to show a strong hero crack and show emotions that are usually locked away. I think there is definitely an edge and so many possibilities that come with writing a strong lead. But saying that, it certainly doesn’t mean that I will only ever write strong male characters, it all depends on who decides to turn up in my head and beg for their story to be told.
What is advice given to you by another author that you can share? 
To write for myself. That was a piece of advice that I received at the very beginning of my career and it has stuck with me ever since.
Other than writing do you have any other hobbies?
 I loved photography, reading and baking. Whenever I get a chance, that’s what I love to do, besides writing of course.
Name one food you cannot live without while you are writing? In Australia we have what are called freckles. They are my addiction.
If you could have one super power what would it be and why? I’d love the ability to fly because there are so many places I’d love to be able to visit.
What is your favorite genre/author to read? Contemporary / erotic romance would be my favorite genre. I have so many favorite authors but some of them are Abbi Glines, J Daniels, Christina Lauren and Laurelin Paige.
Where do you see yourself in 5 year time? I will still be sitting in my office, writing all the words and hopefully meeting as many awesome readers that I can. Being able to travel the world because of my words would be incredible.
Any special words you would like to say to your readers? Thank you. Words could never express how grateful I am to each and every one of you. Every day you allow me to live my dreams and for that I will be forever thankful. As long as you want my words, I will continue to write.

                          
Rachel Brookes is from a coastal town on the east coast of Australia where beaches, kangaroos and surfers roam free. She writes angsty love stories with a pinch of craziness, a dash of drama, a cup of romance and a spoonful of sexiness… oh and the main ingredient hot guys. 
Rachel sometimes forgets to eat, sometimes forgets to sleep and sometimes can’t remember the last time she cleaned her apartment but that’s because she is in a long term relationship with her laptop and is constantly writing. 
When she does step away from her laptop she can be found taking too many photos, making scrumptious cocktails, laughing at Adam Sandler movies and spending her time with her amazing family and friends. 

Books currently available include The Breathe Series - Just Breathe, Breathless and Breathe Again. Be My December will be available August 2014.




The blogger that is being spotlighted is Kristies Kaptavating Reviews. Click on the link under her logo to check out her amazing blog.





Click HERE for Day 8
                                 and HERE for Day 7



No comments:

Post a Comment