Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Before You Go by Clare James Review




Before You Go by Clare James

Blurb:

Paralyzed by the past and terrified of the future, Tabitha Kelly is broken.

After a public sex scandal at her college, Tabby moves to a new city with a new school, convinced she can start over. But she soon realizes the changes are not enough. Tabby must take action to help her heal and move on from the past.

And though it sounds crazy, she believes a one-night stand is the best way to take back what’s hers. If she can choose where, when, and most importantly, who … maybe she can regain control.

First, she needs a willing participant.

She finds more than that when she meets Noah Adler.

Unfortunately, she can’t go through with it. And when she tries to forget about the plan—and the guy—it becomes impossible.

Noah quickly weaves his way into her new life and her heart. But as he comes dangerously close to discovering her secret, Tabby’s at risk of losing it all.
Dee's review:
Okay, bare with me here. I need to find words after reading this book. Let me just tell you that this is one book that had my heart all over the place. It went from broken to shaky to pieced back together.  Let me start with this. Tabby has such strength for making it through her pubic scandal. What was done to her, how it was done to her, and the reaction of her peers.. Heart Broke. Literally, I'm pretty sure I cried. And it was an ugly cry. 



 Not to say she doesn't get through it unscathed, but the point is she gets through it. When she reveals the story behind what happens to her, I am not kidding. My stomach dropped. My heart broke for this girl.  I just wanted to run to her and cuddle her...oh right, she's in a book. Didn't care, doesn't matter. Girl needed a hug. Then when you meet Noah, what a cutie and a gentleman at that, understanding and so respectful of her boundaries. Though their relationship starts off a little unconventionally, it blossoms into something amazing. He is just amazing. Jules, a new friend at college, shows her that scars are okay, everyone has them and she is not alone. Exactly what she needs. Together Jules and Noah, along with her brother and family, they help her heal. Little did I know that with her healing, my heart was healing too.. pieced back together. They funny thing was, it didn't occur to me what was happening. I was sitting here reading it and didn't even realize how monumental it was until the end. I wanted to clap and dance and jump up and down for her, for them all. So my heart is back in one piece. I am one happy little momma.




I do have to say this... I think Noah may be my next book boyfriend. Just wait til you see what he does to help her out. Hot!  I say this is a must read. I rate this 
4/5 hearts

You can find info on the author on her website below.

This book can be bought on the links below:

No comments:

Post a Comment